cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mother in law locked out of her account

mangler
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Mother in law had to cancel her credit card (computer hack), and is now unable to access her account. She would like to take adavantage of the 12GB plan before it's too late. Account seems locked, security questions do not work. We tried to get her help through e-mail, but all she got since Nov 3rd was the automated response.

She is also afraid she will lose service as she can't update her card.

I sent a PM to mods already (Caroline_D). Hoping to hear back before the plan ends...

8 REPLIES 8

mangler

Just tried it. Sends me to the same "forgot password" loop.

Then I get the  security question. Funny enough if I mess up the answer on purpose they tell me it's incorrect. When write in the correct answer, they give me the:

"An error has occurred. please try again."

Spoiler, trying again gives me the  same result.

Tup
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Have you tried logging in with a different computer/device?  Sometimes browser cache can mess things up. 

Also try re-registering the account with her phone number. https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

Worst case, they suspend her service but they won't cancel things for 90 days.

mangler

Yes I have tried the "forgot password" option. Actually my biggest pet peeve, as it just does not work. If you are going online only, make sure your system allows people to log in...

Basically the security questions do not work. Back when I tried using them 6 months ago they would ask me for an answer, but they would not provide the question...

Last time I tried with my mother in laws account, they won't accept correct answers and plop out an error message. Useless.

If there is something that needs to get fixed RIGHT NOW, that would be it. I would not be here begging for support if the "forgot password" option worked as intended.

Tup

The mods are super busy right now.  Have you tried the "Forgot Password" option to try to log into the account?

mangler

3 weeks asking for support. We are actually trying to update the financial information so Public Mobile can get paid. I have been quite patient to date. Hopefully we get a sign of life...today...

mangler

So just to be clear, she had to cancel her credit card which she used to pay public mobile?

YES

She has a working PM phone now and just wants to switch plans?

YES, and update her autopay.

She can't log into her account to make a change?

Correct she is locked out.

Or is she trying to activate a new sim?

No she is already a customer. No new sim activations (in theory).

eazybelle

I guess that's all you can do unfortunately. Wait for a reply... Hopefully everything will all work out!

Tup

So just to be clear, she had to cancel her credit card which she used to pay public mobile?

She has a working PM phone now and just wants to switch plans?

She can't log into her account to make a change?

Or is she trying to activate a new sim?

Need Help? Let's chat.