cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monthly Plan Minutes done, why doesn't addon minutes purchased kick in?

papa_avila
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi would appreciate some help?

My monthly 100 minutes are done and now I can't make calls, but I have over 500mins Canada-Wide Long Distance that I purchased before why don't they get used? if I can't use them what is there purpose? and now I am a senior without service? 

Thank you

12 REPLIES 12

carlaspapa
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@papa_avila 

I have never had a problem with my addons not switching over as soon as I've run out of minutes on my $15 plan. I don't see any reason to switch to the $25 plan unless you talk alot? Did you get the text saying you have 10 minutes left and think you were out of minutes?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@gpixel wrote:

@papa_avila 

this is a common problem with the $15 plan. my suggestion is to switch to the $25/unlimited calling and call it a day 

@gpixel    Just wondering how you know this is a common problem with the $15 plan? 

Also depending on how often OP needs to supplement his available minutes with add-on minutes, the cost difference is at least $100+/year, so moving the $25 plan would depend upon how much talk time/the need for purchasing add-on minutes is required for OP.

I don't remember having problems with add-on minutes kicking in after depleting 100 available to me, although I rarely go over, however, I can also confirm the add-on minutes have always worked without issue  for another family account on the old $10 (now $13) that has depleted plan minutes at least 3 or 4 times each year.

papa_avila

Thank you all for the responses.

@papa_avila Adding to what @gpixel  mentioned is great idea of your using 100 outgoing mins each month and also you get 1 GB of data also this way 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@papa_avila 

this is a common problem with the $15 plan. my suggestion is to switch to the $25/unlimited calling and call it a day 

Tsawwassen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Simply contact CS agent here.   state your problem and wait for response.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@papa_avila - also, ensure your account status is ACTIVE. Addons only work on Active plans/accounts.

If you are suspended you need to make a manual payment to reactivate servcies.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@papa_avila  The add on mins and data should kick in after plan data mins allowance is used up check here 

Check add-ons /mins /Data

Handy1_0-1676905353061.png

For most up to date account info

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@papa_avila - it should be seamless if you have the addon on your account.

Was this an addon you had on your account for a while, or just purchased it? Ensure you see the addon added in your payment history: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/en/account/payment/payment-history

@papa_avila 

Then calling should work.

Does this happen in all locations, or generally in a specific location?

Does texting in and out work?  Can you receive calls?

Try switching your device to 3G only (if your device allows this) to see if calling improves.   It may currently be defaulted to 4G/LTE.  Purpose of this is to help establish whether a service or device-related issue.

Also, try your Public Mobile SIM card in another device, if available, to try if calling then works.

papa_avila

Hi

This is whats on the addons in terms of minutes?

920 mins
500 min Canada-Wide Long Distance
891 mins left

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@papa_avila 

Did you purchase the correct add-on?   Try adding 1 + area code to the number you are dialing.   Also try rebooting device and resetting network connections - sometimes that helps.

To be sure getting refreshed version of self-serve page to check add-on, log in after going incognito or private tab.

You can also tap the refresher icons on the selfserve landing page to get updated page version.

Need Help? Let's chat.