cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Money/ plan on the account but cannot make calls

Tj7
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I topped up my account and  there is a plan on the account, but I cant make calls. I am not sure what the issue is.

Thank you

23 REPLIES 23

MommaBear

I removed the SIM card for the second time and that seemed to help.  This is the first time I've had this issue, so problem seems to be solved.

Thank you

@MommaBear wrote:

I am having the same issue this morning.  I can't make phone calls as it tells me that talk is not included in my current plan.  I called my own phone and can accept calls, just can't make them.  I submitted a ticket.  There must be an issue with the system?

@MommaBear  Please keep us updated because that does sound like a system issue or your account needs to be reset by the Moderator Team.

MommaBear

Thanks, but that isn't my issue - I have unlimited calls.  I thought there was a problem with the phone system.

What plan do you have ?  If you have unlimited minutes then try dialing 1 + area code + phone#.  Check your account and if you have a limited minutes and none are appearing in your account then they have been used up.  You can purchase an add-on for 500 minutes for $5.

Try rebooting your phone.

@MommaBear wrote:

I am having the same issue this morning.  I can't make phone calls as it tells me that talk is not included in my current plan.  I called my own phone and can accept calls, just can't make them.  I submitted a ticket.  There must be an issue with the system?

Are you on the $15 plan?

MommaBear

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tj7 

Is that 40 minutes on your phone or the overview page counter?

Is this happening with all calls or just usual ones.

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Tj7 Have you tried the Lost/Stolen Trick? And have you tried restarting your phone as suggested above ? Most of the time thats the solution. What exact message do you get when dialing out? Who are you calling ? Remember if you are trying to call long distance which is outside of canada for the 15$ plan you will get a message saying that minutes are not included in your plan and you would need an addon. 

Tj7

and data does work

Tj7

Hi,

Its a Galaxy S6

Tj7

I checked my usage, so far I used 40 mins.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Tj7 try restarting your phone. what type of phone is it?

@Tj7 

Does your text and data work?

By chance, is your plan the $15 plan with limited outgoing minutes 100 min/month.  Is it possible that you ran out of minutes?  If so, you can buy a $5 add on for 500 Canada wide minutes (unused minutes roll over to next month)

Tj7

Yes it was

Tj7

Hi,

Its active, I topped up 2 weeks ago and everything was working fine until friday.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Tj7 What does your self-service account say? Is it Active or Suspended. If it is Suspended, do you see Reactivation button? Do your Available funds cover your plan cost? Try to add 1$ extra of your plan manually and restart your phone. Let us know if the problem still exists. Thanks!

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Tj7 

What is your status?

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

If you ported from another cell provider  @Tj7  and it's been more than 3 hours, your port is probably stuck. If you didn't port, your sim didn't provision properly. In both cases contact the moderators ( PM customer service) if @geopublic 's lost stolen trick fails.

Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on "Account specific question" and  "No I want a human" and "Submit a ticket Click me!")
Once connected, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there. Once it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue.
If you need to, you can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email. Go to your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

Welcome to PM. Stay safe. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Log into your account and check the status.  Try making a manual payment of   a $1.  Trying rebooting your phone.  If you still need assistance then submit a ticket by clicking on the question mark on the bottom right.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Tj7  Dial *611 from your phone to see if the account is active or suspended.

If it is still suspended and you made payment then try the following to get plan re-activated again. (Just keep going down the list)

1. Restart your phone
  2. Lost/Stolen trick 
    lst.png

wait a couple of minutes and then declare your phone found by using the same steps from above and restart your phone.

3. Add $1 to your account funds

If none of the above methods work submit a ticket to the Moderator Team for help.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Tj7 wrote:

I topped up my account and  there is a plan on the account, but I cant make calls. I am not sure what the issue is.

Thank you

Did you jsut recently port your number? If you have you will need to wait a few hours for the port to complete. 

You could also restart your phone, go into your network settings and make sure it is set to public mobile.

Lastly, you can go into your self serve account to make sure that your account says active and that it is not suspended.

Hope this helps!

nicksterv
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Was the payment made on time?

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@Tj7 Hello was your account suspended when you topped up if so you may have to hit the reactivate button in your self serve if This is the case 

Need Help? Let's chat.