cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Data Not Working .. APN seems to look right

deltatux
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi Team,

Finally got my Public Mobile SIM card and activated successfully. Only issue is that while call & text works, data doesn't seem to. Thought it was an APN issue but I checked and it looks fine.

Screenshot_2015-09-11-19-59-03.pngScreenshot_2015-09-11-19-59-15.pngScreenshot_2015-09-11-19-59-34.png

May you guys please assist? Many thanks!

Cheers!

15 REPLIES 15

@NadiaLala

You may want to start your own thread, rather than add to a 2 year old thread.  With LG phones, you can try a network setting reset or even a factory reset.  

Check the APN Setting for your specific model of phone:Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visiting https://apn-canada.gishan.net/. Select the brand and model of your phone, scroll down the page and then select Public Mobile. After doing so, you will be provided with the exact APNs required for your phone on our network.

If you have an LG phone and you still aren’t able to use your data after all of this, we suggest doing a factory reset of your phone.

NadiaLala
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've done all the steps but still data do not work... but the still could not change the MNVO value on my LG phone.. who could help me to change that value on a LG phone?

Thanks !

iSilenT
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

you can always reset the settings to default, that usually works too.

fathom

Thanks that works (the standard set up did not work)

Needed the extra details for my Xiami Mi Note 3 (running older Android version)

Kmcmahon
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

vrance

Hi Nice to hear that it is working, another happy customer.

deltatux

@vrance wrote:

Hi I am using Android 4.4 and the APN download automatically, and I can just select sp.mb.com instead of Koodo, and it works.  My MVNO is also none.  Try to see if u can change it from GID and none, and if it will work.  I assume that you have already checked the mobile network tick box.  Did you hide the carrier name on your phone since I did not see Public Mobile. 

@vrance, it's working now, not gonna play with it more.

Also, I didn't hide the carrier name, I run stock Android and it's not supposed to show up. Only Motorola does that with their ROMs and I don't have a Motorola device to begin with.

Cheers!

vrance

Hi I am using Android 4.4 and the APN download automatically, and I can just select sp.mb.com instead of Koodo, and it works.  My MVNO is also none.  Try to see if u can change it from GID and none, and if it will work.  I assume that you have already checked the mobile network tick box.  Did you hide the carrier name on your phone since I did not see Public Mobile. 

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @deltatux, I was also curious what the differences were.  In my phone running Android 5.1, APN were downloaded automatically.  The MVNO type is listed as "None" and I have no problems with using data at all in 3 months.

I would guess that MVNO is not essential.. but if you do have an MVNO value then it had to be the right one for public mobile as provided by ever so helpful @makkahn28 

This is just to satisfy my curiosity 🙂

@deltatux Thanks; much appreciated. I can sleep well tonight unworried by what I was missing. Smiley Very Happy

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

deltatux

@Luddite wrote:

@deltatux My eyes are old and feeble. Please point out the differences for me; don't really understand the only item I noticed under APN Type.

@Luddite: There were 2 main differences, one of which you pointed out.

1. APN Type
  2. MVNO value

The MVNO value by default was listed as 50 instead of 4D4F. Since Public Mobile is an MVNO, I guess the MVNO value is super important.

Cheers!

@deltatux My eyes are old and feeble. Please point out the differences for me; don't really understand the only item I noticed under APN Type.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

deltatux

@makkahn28 wrote:

Does it match these?

Here's another set, MUCH MORE detailed:

Welcome to Public Mobile

Enjoy

@makkahn28, looks like that fixed the issue, the APN settings that it picked up from my SIM card is slightly different than your settings. When changing it, it fixed it.

Cheers!

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Welcome on board, @deltatux

Your APN settings seem to be OK as indicated by the green dot in your screenshot.  

Please check if your mobile data is enabled.  Also, reboot. 

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

Does it match these?

Here's another set, MUCH MORE detailed:

Welcome to Public Mobile

Enjoy

Need Help? Let's chat.