cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missed important phone calls from doctor , because service is not working for incoming calls

Fchn292pm
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

having problem and can’t receive incoming calls. Calling out is ok. 

As I’m taking care of my farther who is going through treatment , a lot of the communities with doctors and nurses are done by phone communication instead of in-person .Have missed important phone calls and doctor can’t call to discuss .

unstable service causes serious issues, in this case, life and health .

Ive tried ‘trouble shooting solutions ‘ but not working. Submitted a ticket and the turn around time to get some agent contacting me is 48 hours !!! 

33 REPLIES 33

LoreckAvery
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Fchn292pm 

To force your iPhone to 3G go to

settings,

cellular, 

cellular data options

voice & data 

click 3g

it will stay in 3G now. 

FYI you will NOT get amber alerts or other government alerts as they’re transmitted on LTE 

Fchn292pm

Just to ask a follow up question , how to force your phone to stay on 3G ? ( the phone I have is an iPhone too ) . 

Fchn292pm

Thank you for sharing your experience ! 

Now it makes sense now , about what I’ve been experiencing with my service .

and it’s frustrating the issue is intermittent .... meaning after PM fixed something on the system side, the function of receiving calls worked , and after a while ( which I don’t know for how long,) it stopped working and I don’t know it until callers pinged me .

• Dialing ##21# will turn off unconditional call forwarding on any phone.
  • Dialing ##004# will undo/reset all conditional call forwarding back to PM voicemail.

Also, please try forcing phone to 3G mode. There were reports of a network issue last month in the Kitchener/Waterloo area about failure to switch to 3G for voice calls - and forcing it was a workaround that worked for others.

mcneild6
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@Fchn292pm 
have you checked your phone settings to see if call forwarding got put on by accident? It has happened to myself and my father, we both are unsure how it got turned on but even after you restart your phone it’ll stay on. It would cause what you are experiencing.
If on IPhone :

-settings - phone- call forwarding 

i imagine it would be similar process for Android phones. 

mcneild6
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

have you checked your phone settings to see if call forwarding got put on by accident? It has happened to myself and my father, we both are unsure how it got turned on but even after you restart your phone it’ll stay on. It would cause what you are experiencing.
If on IPhone :

-settings - phone- call forwarding 

i imagine it would be similar process for Android phones. 

Let me try to post this for a third time.....

@Fchn292pm 

You could be having connection issues....try toggling airplane mode on/off to see if this helps. You can also reprovision your sim card yourself by using the lost/stolen feature in your account. This also what the moderators have been doing by resetting your account. Since they have done this several times and the problem returns it leads me to believe your sim card is failing**. I suggest you purchase a new one and the change the sim card numbers in your account. Then replace the sim in your phone and reboot. Your service should be as good as new.

** Have you tested your sim card in another phone with the same result (problem persists)?

chromeknickers

I know you're very frustrated right now and I don't want to add to that by bringing up solutions you've already heard before, but it might not hurt to see if you have have the Silence Unknown Callers option on. It wasn't clear in your post if you can't receive incoming calls at all or if they just go straight to voicemail with no notification on your end. If it's the latter, and especially if you have an iPhone, check under Settings > Phone > Silence Unknown Calls > Off (not On). 

I hope everything is taken care of very shortly and your family member makes a swift recovery!

I don't know what it is, but PM's service has been pretty bad lately. I don't care for the web experience and glitches etc. but at least provide the customers with a decent voice/text/data service... a few of my referrals have also made complaints of the other person not being able to hear them or missed/dropped calls. 

hopefully pm can do something. otherwise they might end up losing some customers. people want a reliable service... they don't care about a couple bucks savings. also with the added tedious processes it starts to become inconvenient.

Fchn292pm

Exactly, I’m all over this . 

Besides waiting for moderator , have to contact hospital, doctors office, nurse to advise why they can’t reach me

thanks for the advice of textnow

@Fchn292pm wrote:

And does it use data 

@Fchn292pm It can use data OR wifi. Go to the link I provided and read some about it. If I had no incoming calls and need access to life and death incoming calls, I would be all over this. Simply forward your PM number to Texnow until this gets solved. It will also work on a browser.

Fchn292pm

And does it use data 

Fchn292pm

Haven’t got resolved

@Fchn292pm wrote:

What is TextNow ? 

what functions doesn’t it have ? 

Text ? Voice calling ? 

Please add it  

@Fchn292pm TextNow is a free calling / texting app. It is available on the Playstore for android and I would assume, the apple equivalent store for iPhones.

https://www.textnow.com

Fchn292pm

3 tickets have been raised , because of this issue 

Fchn292pm

What is TextNow ? 

what functions doesn’t it have ? 

Text ? Voice calling ? 

Please add it  

@Fchn292pm There is no phone number for you to call, nor is there someone who will reach out to you. You need to follow through with the process you are unfortunately familiar with. If your data works or you have wifi, I would add Textnow (free) to your phone/computer then forward your PM number to it until you get this sorted out. At least you will still receive important phone calls.

@Fchn292pm What about text or data services? Are you only having issues with receiving calls? Not sure what could be wrong, but only moderators can help you resolve this so please reach out to them again and lets see this time they do a closer look. 

You need to submit a ticket to a moderator.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Fchn292pm

The call receiving function has been having problem for three days . 

Each time , moderator did a reset on my profile and it work for a short period of time , and then can’t receive calls again !!!

not only frustrating , but also dangerous. Family member has life threatening health issue and now can’t receive phone calls from doctors and hospital !!

Moderator, 

1. Please get your team manager to contact me ( let me know their phone number for me to call out ) this issue has to be resolved as soon as possible, otherwise , this will be reported to the appropriate authorities 

2. Don’t move or lock the posting 

this issue is not resolved and 

the process of this issue will benifit other users 

LoreckAvery
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi!!

I went thru this EXACT issue and it was my dr that couldn’t get thru either. Was a public customer for 2 years. After dealing with public, Telus and Apple (I have an iPhone 8plus) the issue is 100% that public seems to send phone calls on 3G and my “smart” phone isn’t smart enough to switch from LTE for talk and receiving calls! Force your phone to 3G it fixed my issue after MONTHS of trouble shooting ☹️

Fchn292pm

I double if the problem is with the phone or SIM card . 

The problem  is with receiving calls. It’s functioning ok with calling out. 

And the way it was fixed yesterday was, to reset from the system . So....most probably ,  something with the system 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Fchn292pm : Maybe coincidentally have a look at the registered SIM # on the account with the actual one in the phone. Are they the same?

@Fchn292pm wrote:

The issue is not resolved!

The receipt of incoming calls functioned after a reset on the system side yesterday. 

Yet today it stopped working again!  And I don’t know when it stopped working and what calls have been missed ! 

Hello @Fchn292pm ,

Have you tried your SIM in another compatible phone to see if this continues to happen?

Also, try cleaning the SIM and inside he SIM slot. There could be the slightest debris disrupting service. If the inside is not making proper contact to where it should maybe an adjustment (remove and replacing may help).  

"To clean the sim tray, put some isopropyl (alcohol) on a lightly bristled toothbrush and gently rub this into the slot. If you have a can of compressed air to hand, blow this directly into the slot to remove any dirt or dust that has nestled."

See here for some tips:

It is possible something is off when the SIM card. They sometime do become duds, but I hear this is rare.

Fchn292pm

The issue is not resolved!

The receipt of incoming calls functioned after a reset on the system side yesterday. 

Yet today it stopped working again!  And I don’t know when it stopped working and what calls have been missed ! 

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Fchn292pm :That good it all fixed now, so you had to contact the Moderator Team to reset your SIM card?

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Fchn292pm Is it possible that you have blocked those numbers?

Fchn292pm

A SIM card reset on the system side resolved the issue. Thanks

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

HI @Fchn292pm ,

Can you try putting your Public Mobile SIM into another compatible phone to see if you are having the same issues? This will rule out a phone issue.

@Fchn292pm wrote:

No, I’ve been using public mobile and the same number for a year now 

@Fchn292pm Maybe a network reset if you haven't tried that. Barring that if you have tried all the other trouble shooting tips you need to wait for a mod to get back to you. Try using TextNow and forward your PM number to it in the meantime. It uses data and is free.

Need Help? Let's chat.