cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Teams app on Android OS may cause your device to experience 9-1-1 calling issues

lovedatsnow1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Received a text from public mobile about Teams app 9-1-1 issue:

Important Public Mobile Message: A technical issue with the Microsoft Teams app on Android OS may cause your device to experience 9-1-1 calling issues. If you have Teams installed on your device, please update the app through the Google Play Store. If you have updated the app after December 14th, no further action is required. Free Public Mobile message.

It is misleading as the Play Store has no updates since Dec 10th, so the date they mention is incorrect. Also, after doing some googling, its only an issue if you have Teams installed but have not yet signed-in.

2 REPLIES 2

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@lovedatsnow1   the reddit link has a reply from MS on Dec 8... so, I wonder if Dec 10 in fact is a good version and PM just copied the wrong date...  🤔

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@lovedatsnow1 wrote:

Received a text from public mobile about Teams app 9-1-1 issue:

Important Public Mobile Message: A technical issue with the Microsoft Teams app on Android OS may cause your device to experience 9-1-1 calling issues. If you have Teams installed on your device, please update the app through the Google Play Store. If you have updated the app after December 14th, no further action is required. Free Public Mobile message.

It is misleading as the Play Store has no updates since Dec 10th, so the date they mention is incorrect. Also, after doing some googling, its only an issue if you have Teams installed but have not yet signed-in.

@lovedatsnow1   Yes, I got that text too but as you noted (plus noted in the text) it only applies if you have Teams installed.  I never did and really don't even know much about it.  Did you install Teams?  edit:  so just ignore it if it doesn't apply to you?

Need Help? Let's chat.