cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messages telling me I've almost used my data

customer_061019
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have gotten 2 texts saying I'm at 95% of my data usage. I thought my plan have me 5gmail per month and have received the 2gb Christmas bonus 2 years ago. Isn't this gift added to my plan?

10 REPLIES 10

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@HALIMACS 

Lol....if you only knew!!

Haven't you heard... you're on a DNC list.  

🤭

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@HALIMACS 

Interesting....I have never recieved a data usage text despite using my plan data up nearly every month as I would expect given the amount of add on data I have.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@customer_061019 - are these texts coming from Public Mobile/611? Do you recall receiving the 75% warning, which is also supposed to be send from Public Mobile/611 when it reaches this level.

Or, is it possible the 95% was a data limit your phone is set to? Check the settings of your device to see if there are any warning limits set so that your phone notifies you, or even if there are data limiters set on it which you may want to review.

@darlicious wrote:

@HALIMACS 

That depends....data usage texts are sent based on all of the data on the account not just plan data.

Not in my experience @darlicious , though one might hope that would be the case.

A person whom I assist with got a text notification when their plan data was (correctly) consumed to a certain percentage, however they also had gifted/bonus data available which made the notification not inclusive of the total available data.

Such is why I'd be wary of those notifications and post to that effect.   That is, unless they've tweaked the SMS percentage notifications in the past year or so to be more accurate.  

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@customer_061019 usually the text are correct.   Logon using Incognito mode and amd confirm  ehatvthr usage shows 

And if PM page really showing that much used, it is time to confirm the usage on your phone .  If you are using an Android,  yyou an check the local data tracking in Mobile Data usage page.  But make sure yuu change the cycle start date to match PM current cycle start date (check your My Account for that)

E-MobileData.png

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@HALIMACS 

That depends....data usage texts are sent based on all of the data on the account not just plan data.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@customer_061019 

Did you just go thru renewal? Check your account for your data remaining and if you recieved the Holiday data bonus. Sometimes data usage texts are sent out in error.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@customer_061019 

Those SMS notifications are all but useless.

Don't rely on them. 

They are very hit and miss, especially when one has bonus or added or promotional data in their account. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@customer_061019  

Try again  incognito mode/private mode or a different device or lap top or simply try refreshing the page when logged in

Handy1_0-1674594854504.png

For most up to date account info

Check add-ons /mins /Data

Handy1_1-1674594927508.png

For most up to date account info

Need Help? Let's chat.