24 REPLIES 24

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@BEER 

Ditto.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@BEER 

I never understand the logic of your solutions.

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

@darlicious That may be the YMMV with the lost/stolen.  I think that is treated differently than plan being expired and then not renewed.  Even though they will still both be in the same state and have the 90 day time period the lost/stolen may get treated differently.  Only an assumption.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@BEER @dust2dust 

I am putting in the disclaimer YMMV since we need feedback but according to the points rules the following applies....

1. Yes
  2. Yes
  3. Yes**

**very YMMV but I had one referral suspended thru April and until May 10th and the $5 bonuses added for both of those months. It was suspended after midnight eastern on the day of renewal via lost/stolen.

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Out of luck unfortunately, I think even the 25 promo says something about getting the 5/month as long as both YOU and your referral are active. All the other aspects though usually require an active account as well

But the code is not valid because it's attached to a suspended account. And then darlicious says what she said, so I don't. I know I'm surprised.

HI @dust2dust   Yes, I think they will accept the code (as the code is valid) , but they might not give out the reward. 

For the $25, I think it got applied manually onto the account and when it sees the account suspended, it likely won't deposit the money

And for the monthly $1, I think it will accept and show in the Friend list, but again, it might not give out the $1 when it sees the account is suspended

@hTideGnowIf it doesn't complete then there's nothing to waste.

@darliciousReally? While suspended?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@BEER 

As far as making the referral....yes.

Receiving the 1pt reward if your referral is active and you are not.....yes.

Receiving the $5 bonus referral credit if your referral is active and you are not......no but you never know?!!

@BEER wrote:

Anyways I will try to make a referral with my suspended account and let you know what happens.

HI @BEER   You sure?  You might waste it.  Especially the $25 special. I wouldn't do it just for the test, it a costly test

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

BEER

thanks @ShawnC13   Yes, that I agree, if the account is suspended, you won't get the reward (even other , not just the new referral)

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @ShawnC13    I think the question could be would the referral still appear your friend list?  And when the account is active again, would it be collecting that $1 or 1 Point per month after?

@hTideGnow point 2 does ask if they would earn the rewards while the account was suspended

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

1. Do you have a never activated Public sim? Do a test run with it up to the referral code entry. Try your suspended referral code. Does it accept it? Don't pay and then exit.
2. I vote no to the above but I don't have a suspended referral code to test myself. But I assume no.
3. Same.

More fine print from the email:
as long as both the referrer and referee remain active Public Mobile customers
Suspension is not active.

HI @ShawnC13    I think the question could be would the referral still appear your friend list?  And when the account is active again, would it be collecting that $1 or 1 Point per month after?

@BEER wrote:

esjliv_0-1653406557522.png

I would think "existing customers" mean with an Active account...not Expired or Suspended. 

@BEER wrote:

@iliketotalk wrote:

@BEER no your account must be active to all 3 questions 

Thank's for quick response - are you 100% certain that in order to get rewards/points the referring account must be active?  I have an offer in front of me that merely states that the bonus will be given to all existing customers. In my opinion existing customers include active and suspended (not deactivated) PM accounts.

If your account is suspended it is not active.  At that time you are not a paying customer of Public Mobile so how can you earn rewards?  

BEER

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @BEER   No sure if someone tried and confirm.  But it kind of logical that it will still work. Like you will see one new  number in your referrals, of course, they won't apply the $1 (or 1 point)   until your account is active.  And this special 5x$5 bonus is a cash deposit, I doubt they will deposit the money if your account is suspended

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@BEER   Yes, the account needs to be active in order to receive/participate in any rewards/referrals programs.  Can confirm as that is needed to receive PM's holiday gifts.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@BEER wrote:

(1) Wondering if a suspended , (but not deactivated plan,) may make a referral.

(2) And if it could then would they also get the monthly  friend referral reward/points while under suspension.

(3) Furthermore if there was a limited monthly bonus for referring a friend would the same suspended plan also receive and accumulate this bonus while under suspension?

Clipped from Service Agreement doc...

Your Public Mobile account
How can I collect Public Mobile Rewards?

Public Mobile offers a reward program (the “Reward Program”). To be eligible to the Reward Program, you must be an active Public Mobile customer and

registered for the Reward Program.

BEER

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@BEER no your account must be active to all 3 questions 

Need Help? Let's chat.