cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

May RAF $5 credit (5×$5=$25)

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

The Refer-a-Friend $5 credit from the most recent $25 bonus referral credit promotion have been added to self serve account balances. Check your available funds and/or your payment history for it. Public Mobile may still be rolling these credits out along with the promised SMS text or at least I hope so sjnce I have yet to see my $5 credit added?!!🤔

Screenshot_20220610-140649~2.png

22 REPLIES 22

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@darlicious 

What crappy experience to go through. If I refer someone I hope it doesn't end up like this!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Patchio 

I couldn't agree more of course part of my motivation was to keep my referral. And I do actually put in extra effort to keep my referrals and I have yet to lose any except one by my own hand but that's another story.... I did get them back.

But really this is unacceptable but hopefully this is not the norm but the unusual instead. And as I say the more difficult your activation was the more positive your experience will be down the line if you can get over that initial hump?

But of course almost like a contract where a provider has their hooks in you for at least 2 years public mobile has a similar hook in me for my lifetime or their lifetime. Why? It's simple I am proof of their long time marketing slogan of....

Screenshot_20220918-023559.png

 Its hard to complain when you pay nothing for your accounts?!! I do but it's mostly on behalf of others only occasionally for my own accounts.🤪

Patchio
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Congratulations! I'm glad you finally got your May RAF Bonus credit after waiting all these months, along with the $5 "inconvenience surcharge".

Hold on, I didn't know you had documented this entire process. Let me read this thread.

(Reading)

Wow.

Just wow.

I'm shaking my head in absolute disbelief and frustration right now. Why must being a PM customer be so hard? This whole ordeal reminds me of that episode of The Simpsons when Homer is struggling to build a BBQ grill in his backyard and he's yelling "Why must life be so hard?". This clip sums up how I feel about what happened to you and your May RAF Bonus credit.

I'm sorry, if I had known that PM made you go through all this nonsense just to get the May RAF bonus credit that you rightfully deserve, then I would have suggested asking for WAY MORE than a $5 "inconvenience surcharge".

This is what bothers me the most about your situation - I thought PM finally did the right thing after making you wait for four months, but no, that wasn't it. Instead, it was your persistence and perseverance in fighting for what is rightfully yours that resulted in the $30 credit. I can only imagine how many other PM customers might have given up after waiting for three months OR given up because a random CSA says "you're not eligible, goodbye!" and closes the ticket.

I applaud you for your effort, but it really shouldn't have taken this much time and extra effort to resolve this issue on PM's side.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

OMG! ....Finally a resolution of sorts. Okay so after three separate tickets were opened after some were unceremoniously canceled/closed and checking in again at least once a week and after each $5 credit was applied at the first week of each month since June I finally at least resolved my issue along with my referrals issue with not receiving the credit.

I very nicely but firmly and insisted upon the full $25 credit being applied now that there's only a few weeks left until the final $5 credit from the May RAF promotion is to be applied.

I also asked as a gesture of goodwill for our patience and understanding that an extra $5 credit be applied.

The CSA applied $30 to my account and applied $15 to my referrals account? When I questioned the CSA on this they said they had done this because they had already received $10 bonus referral credit. I had to explain that both the bonus referral credit of $10 and the $25 creditwas received by all new customers that qualified for the promotion. At which time the CSA apologized as they were away during this period of time and they applied the additional $10+$5=$15 to my referral's account. 

However for anyone experiencing the same issue either from the May RAF bonus credit promotion or the more recent August RAF bonus credit promotion the tech team has not figured out this glitch since June 7th when I first contacted customer support. So I suppose if you want to be patient and understanding you could get an additional $5 credit if you wait more than 4 months and then ask for the entire referral credit to be applied. Or ask that the $5 is applied after the first week of each month when all others get their $5 credits. This is what I had originally proposed but the csas I dealt with all insisted that I wait for a resolution for the tech team you can use my thread as a reference of the likelihood of that happening anytime in the near future if you would prefer to have the $5 credit applied each month. That of course is YMMV.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Its gets even better.....now they are claiming the referral had to be done before June 6th!! Even though I activated another referral for the bf 7 hours after mine and they have both been getting the bonus $5 referral credit?!! Unbelievable?!!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Wow! I am not impressed with the answer I just recieved from customer support after being more than patient with public mobile's screw up....

"I`d like to provide you with the resolution of the ticket you`ve mentioned-0000000XXXXXXXX .

As per promo functionality If any account has done activation between the period May 20th to June 6th, 2022 using this customer's referral code then this customer will get a credit of $5 for 5 months, every month but that customer and referral should be in active state on the day of credit.

Our support team has concluded that the subscriber is not eligible for the promotion.

Please let me know if I can be of further help!"

Yes the CSA can take the time to refer to the info contained in the ticket rather than relying solely on the account linked to the community account?!! What is the point of opening a tech team ticket with a reference # if the CSA doesn't bother to actually read it and jump the gun with a fly by the seat of their senior team member pants response?

Yeah I feel your pain, definitely frustrating. Did the person you referred open a ticket since they didn't receive it either.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@jib_tech @JL9 

Ridiculousness! I am getting tired of dealing with this issue with no resolution. I apparently seem to be the only one with the issue as well.

Yeah for sure, because I have received two of the $5 credits now and should be receiving my third in the first week of August plus my point for the referral (so in your case the $1)

jib_tech
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@darlicious 

Got mine no problem. Has Public Mobile given you the credit yet?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Since i got brought back here in a roundabout way I thought I would update my thread with...well...nothing yet?!! Nor my referral? Time for yet another follow up on a third ticket with the tech team and just plain old demand the credit be added manually. I think with the third crecit due to be added next seek I think I have been patient  long enough?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM 

As brought up by @JL9 why is there no referrals list in Public Points rewards accounts? How are customers expected to keep track of their referrals? As related in my previous post CSA's often ask for the phone number or the last 4 digits. As in my case the phone numbers often change if the customer so chooses or ports in afterwards. How do you know how many referrals you have? Or if they are suspended? If they suspend via lost/stolen you get a text telling you your rewards may be less but does that also apply to points customers? Thats only if the referral uses lost/stolen. How does a CSA know how many referrals a customer has? Are customers expected to just take a CSA's word for it?

Public Points customers need the ability to track and account for their referrals.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@JL9 

Hmmm...lucky you! Not so much on tracking your referrals though?!!

This was the answer I was given when asking about who, what, where, why and how come I didn't get mine?

Please note that due to the high volume of activations linked to that Refer a Friend promotion it'll will take a little bit longer than expected for all the account eligible to receive the $5 credit over 5 months.

The estimated time frame may be between 1-2 weeks. The Department in charge is doing it's best for the promotional credits to be applied at the earliest therefore I'd kindly ask you for a little bit more time for you to see it on the account.

I'm taking that with a grain of salt....I was also asked for the phone # I referred which fortunately I had since I activated the account however the phone number had changed since I chose an Alberta phone number to activate and the referral chose a new phone # to their liking afterwards. So I also supplied the last 4 digits of the new phone # which they could not locate at first and asked for more info?!! I told the agent that I could supply more info but I had already supplied more info than most referrers would be able to.....and they finally confirmed the referral from June 6th qualified and to be patient (as above).

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Got this yesterday as well now just waiting word on whether I will get the 1 point as well 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@LurganIeUk 

Nope. They got their $5. Everyone got their $5 but me.....? Lol....pm might be be a little ticked off at me for my extracurricular activities of late?!!😉

@darlicious 

Did you lose that referral?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@CountyDownIeUk 

Still no joy on this end?😞

Got mine. 

AD024966-B86E-4235-B010-94531BD0E873.jpeg

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yes

C218833F-3E62-4CB2-A0E2-A64AB6366EAD.jpeg

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@BKNS27 

Looks like we are both late in the order!

@DDM69 

Did you get the accompanying text message?

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I got mine! 😊

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious 

Checked my last $5 RAF credit in my account and it shows RAF Holiday $5.

Need Help? Let's chat.