cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Match a competetors plan price: Freedom mobile

bonnie09
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I currently purchased a new phone. I have 2 options: port my current number in that I have with public mobile OR get a new number with a new plan on the phone.

Currently Freedom mobile has a promo plan:

Big Gig Unlimited + Talk : 20 GB

$40 for the first 2 years; $45 afterwards

Would Public Mobile be able to match this plan - so I can stay with an upgraded plan as a customer?

6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bonnie09 

at public mobile no option to do price matching offers...
if like to keep your number with public mobile,
and is too easy take from Freedom mobile new number for Free, and also the have more option about new number to choose when you give them last 4 digit...

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@bonnie09   $40 get you 5Gb with PM, depends on how long you have been with PM , you could be pay as low a $33 or no more than $38 with Autopay discount, could be easily $1 or $2 more with Community Reward.

So, it really down to if you really need the extra 15Gb , which is very attractive , and if the network coverage (Freedom zone or national?) suits your need.

Also, if you don't a lot of commute and travel , make sure Freedom coverage is good for you

guitarpickr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Bonnie09, public mobile doesn't price match. Be careful with this advertising with freedom mobile. They have 2 data options. Most of the gigs are offered to you are offered on what's called the freedom network and is limited to certain areas. The other is called nation wide minutes and is similar to other carriers but is also limited. Public mobile has the best pricing for now and when they offer their incentives is unbeatable. The coverage is everywhere and not limited with public mobile. Cheers! 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@bonnie09 

Sorry, PM currently does not price match plans.

Depending where you live, you might want to check the coverage of Freedom.

My sister-in-law is in Freedom and she claims there was a lot of dead zone in her area in BC.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@bonnie09 

Public mobile doesn't match competitors offers for individuals. It's also important to remember that freedom does not offer the same network coverage. The data offered nationwide by freedom is limited to 1 or 2gb while pm has no such limitations on its data.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@bonnie09 wrote:

I currently purchased a new phone. I have 2 options: port my current number in that I have with public mobile OR get a new number with a new plan on the phone.

Currently Freedom mobile has a promo plan:

Big Gig Unlimited + Talk : 20 GB

$40 for the first 2 years; $45 afterwards

Would Public Mobile be able to match this plan - so I can stay with an upgraded plan as a customer?

Sorry, but Public Mobile does not make price matching offers for individual customers. All plans that are available are as listed on the website.

Need Help? Let's chat.