cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make public mobile site faster !!!

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Would be good for public mobile to make their site load faster, with more costumers every day and keeping same servers I’ve been with public for a year and site seems to be slower and slower.

7 REPLIES 7

MiltonMike
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

They probably do it on purpose. Koodo prepaid selfserve is also painfully slow.

@fdrcamb519 

I do agree the self serve account can frustatingly slow.....especially during the day. It can be much faster ( like the community forum) in the middle of the night. Unless you run into unannounced site maintenance then saving a few minutes turns into a 3, 6 or 8 hour wait!

@Anonymous 

I haven't noticed any coorelation of unexplained autopay failures and promotions. Nor do I see much of a pattern of autopay failures as there seems to be a couple everyday. But I wouldn't discount that if there are no autopay failures occurring on a particular day that sheer volume of autopay renewals could play a role....so if you did originally activate on a day of the week that is more popular like a Saturday vs a Monday that could increase the likelihood of an autopay failure but for the most part that would average out over the course of time.

The Univac 5000 is still out for maintenance but if pattern start to merge I will see if I can fire it up to crunch the numbers.

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@fdrcamb519 wrote:

Would be good for public mobile to make their site load faster, with more costumers every day and keeping same servers I’ve been with public for a year and site seems to be slower and slower.

Hi @fdrcamb519 as I use a laptop to log in my self serve and community accounts, it is not too bad for me.  Also I'm old and retired so I don't mind watching the thingie that goes round round round, tis entertaining. 😂

There are so many glitches in the Public Mobile system that I would think fixing those glitches would be a priority over getting the system faster... it might explode! 🤯💥💣

Have a great day

RosieR

yes, the site is certainly slow and buggy

I think so of the issue we have is due to the slowness.   For example, the activation timeout, which caused many new customers thought the activation didn't go through, this is likely a result of the server or network slowness.  

But I am not certain how much incentive Telus has to upgrade PM servers/infrastructure.  As I said yesterday:   Tier 3 provider.. Tier 3 server

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@fdrcamb519 

Totally agree - load times range anywhere from 5 to 25 seconds on average.

It is thought that clearing cache and cookies and opening in incognito mode may make a difference.

Use it as an opportunity to rest your eyes, and before you know it the page will load.

☺☺

Anonymous
Not applicable

With the seeming lower traffic around here I wonder that some bugs have been addressed. The pickiness of the card entry is still a problem. That and why autopay fails for some people for seemingly no reason or fault of the customer. But slowness isn't a problem I care about. As long as it works.

Maybe @darlicious could collect stats of the waves of autopay problem posts and match that with promos. I wonder if there's a correlation. Maybe some nights there are just too many to process and it runs out of night and the remaining unfinished accounts suspend. Dunno. I'm not interested in doing the analysis. Just the results. And she's the one with the Univac. 🙂

@fdrcamb519 

I agree that improvements are something that need to be constantly made, but I would say that fixing bugs might take priority over speed.

Need Help? Let's chat.