cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MORE MINUTES

MC4
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

GOOD DAY,  SORRY I AM NOT YELLING, JUST HAVING TROUBLE WITH MY EYES.  I ASKED THE COMMUNITY ABOUT "500 min Canada-Wide Long Distance" A FEW WEEKS AGO WHEN I PURCHASED THIS.  I WAS TOLD IT WOULD KICK IN ONCE MY CURRENT MINUTES SAID ZERO - THEY NOW DO SO I HAVE NO MINUTES LEFT.  HOW DO I EITHER GET MY MONEY BACK OR MORE FAVOURABLE, MY 500 MINUTES.  HELP WILL BE MUCH APPRECIATED.  MAIDIE

13 REPLIES 13

MC4

Active

MC4

No sorry, I was not accepting only trying to reply.  I have gone into the incognito mode in Chrome but cannot find out how to do anything in there???  And can you remove my accepting this as my solution, it has not been resolved.  thank you,  MC4

@DennyCrane- I'm on the 50/50 plan. Add-on minutes most definitely get used once out of plan minutes.

I wonder if the OP is actually out of plan minutes and maybe even also the 500 minute add-on they say they bought. We're also missing verifiable facts from the OP. Which add-on did they actually get? Are they not able to call now while showing any kind of available minutes? And yes this could have to do with the current problems some people are having. Images are always more useful.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Correct me if im wrong, but I'm pretty sure the long distance add-on minutes don't work if your core plan minutes (if you're on a plan that doesn't have unlimited calling) have been used up, which I think is what the OP is saying.

@ryangrado wrote:

Or are you doing local calling? And not canada wide long distance

There's no distinction for the 500 Canada LD minute add-on. It can be used to call your neighbour or your relative on the other end of the country.

@ottawa wrote:

Is there a benefit to using Incognito/Private mode vs hitting the refresh button (presumably if the latter is unreliable).

For me it depends on device, while the spinning wheel seems to do the trick most of the time, if I really want to be sure to have accurate data, I use incognito on my laptop.

@ottawa wrote:

Also a question, is there a difference between Add-On and Promotion in my screen capture? I thought the latter might be the Year-End offer from last year, but my previous years' Year-End offers showed up as Add-On as they last forever.

In terms of "don't expire" these two are both the same.

The one on the top is how the 2022 Christmas bonus was labelled.

Since you've been here for a bit the one on the bottom can come from a couple of different directions. In random order: It could be a one time bonus from a contest, a very-YMMV-manually-added good will gesture for a mess-up in your account, a single use sign-up bonus, a few years ago there was a competitive response in form of a data add-on in Shaw Mobile country, or, a nice surprise that I discovered recently on an account that I "re-awakened", a reactivation bonus for unsuspending a dormant account.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@MC4 - is your account currently in Active or Suspended status? Because addons only work while your account is Active.

If Suspended status, make a manual payment to reactivate services. Then you will have a fresh new 100 outgoing minutes, and the 500 min addon will only start once plan minutes are consumed.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@ryangrado your problem might not be lack of minutes.   Many people have problem with both inbound/outbound calls in the last 2 days.  It could be just that.  Try to click Reset All Network on your phone and check if it works

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Is there a benefit to using Incognito/Private mode vs hitting the refresh button (presumably if the latter is unreliable)?

PM add-on image.png

Also a question, is there a difference between Add-On and Promotion in my screen capture? I thought the latter might be the Year-End offer from last year, but my previous years' Year-End offers showed up as Add-On as they last forever.

ryangrado
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Or are you doing local calling? And not canada wide long distance

ryangrado
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Are you sure you haven't already used those minutes?

@MC4 wrote:

GOOD DAY,  SORRY I AM NOT YELLING, JUST HAVING TROUBLE WITH MY EYES.  I ASKED THE COMMUNITY ABOUT "500 min Canada-Wide Long Distance" A FEW WEEKS AGO WHEN I PURCHASED THIS.  I WAS TOLD IT WOULD KICK IN ONCE MY CURRENT MINUTES SAID ZERO - THEY NOW DO SO I HAVE NO MINUTES LEFT.  HOW DO I EITHER GET MY MONEY BACK OR MORE FAVOURABLE, MY 500 MINUTES.  HELP WILL BE MUCH APPRECIATED.  MAIDIE

It sounds as if the miutes have aleady been used.  You'll need to purchase more.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@MC4 , please check your online account using incognito mode on the browser to ensure that you are viewing up to date data.  Try to corroborate the usage history against the minutes consumed in your add-ons.  

Need Help? Let's chat.