Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MISTAKEN FRAUD ON 2 IPHONES - REQUEST FOR CORRECTION

mepomlar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
2 Phones affected : Mine and the one of my mother

Origin of mistaken fraud: 

I moved on June 2022.

After my move, my ex did not give me the letters I received; so I did not get my new credit card and the one associated with her Public Mobile account expired in January 2023. To enable me to communicate, my friend Luc B. paid my January payment on the Public Mobile website. We were able to access the account at that time and we reactivated my phone.

PROBLEM: In February 2023, I then forgot to replace Luc B. credit card number with my new one. When the next payment went through, Luc B. had forgotten that his credit card was the payment method on my account. He did not recognize the transaction, and flagged it as a fraudulent transaction with CIBC Visa.  

At the beginning of March 2023, my phone (I am with Public Mobile) and my mother's phone (she is with Telus) were blocked from the cell network, with only SOS calls available.

We have tried to correct the situation on the Public Mobile website to no avail; it is impossible for us to log in, it seems like the account is not recognized. Hours were spent trying to sort things out this way and it did not work. We also called Telus on Marc 6, who confirmed I had to get in touch with you to unflagged the phones.

-

Both phones are vital links for my mom and I.
My mom is 75 years old... She had always pay her phone...

-

We would like both phones to be unlocked and we are available to assist in any way.

We would also like both phones to be properly dissociated as there is no reason my mother's phone should be affected by issues on my phone. This was supposed to have been done by Joey at the Telus Store (7077, boul. Newman, Lasalle QC at Carrefour Angrignon) around July 26 2021 when I gave my iPhone to my mom. Seems the phones are still linked, but they shouldn’t be.

-

Contact me as soon as possible please.

I had a conversation with Adel T from Telus earlier who told me to contact you via this way. I had tried plenty times before, without success. I hope to get some help this time.
2 REPLIES 2

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@mepomlar you need to work with PM support on a solution.  Because of the charge back, the account is suspended.  Usually, they won't let you use credit card for a year until your account is in good standing again.  During the year, you need to buy voucher and load it up with the help of support.

please open ticket with them and work out a solution 

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@mepomlar   Oh boy, that is quite the mess and very frustrating to be sure.  

Unfortunately, it seems once a charge back is done on a CC, then the account gets locked until PM receives a payment which can be done by purchasing a voucher, however, I believe you would need to contact customer support to have the voucher payment applied.  This, of course, doesn't excuse why PM has locked your mother's account, however, best to submit a ticket via chatbot to get this sorted as soon as possible. 

Here's a link to chatbot:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

If you have problems submitting a ticket then you can send a private message to CS_Agent here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

edit:  BTW, here's some places where vouchers can be purchased and funds on them don't have a hold.  Shoppers Drugmart, 7/11 and Shell.  There's also London Drugs, unfortunately they're only available in BC and Alberta.

Need Help? Let's chat.