cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lunar Year Promo Benefits Gone

joshuabookey
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

I remember signing up for Public Mobile in February for the first time because of a promo, I believe it was the Lunar Year one. Anyway, it came with extra data, which I'm certain was more than the 2GB that get now. How did this disappear from my account? I had to emergency pay for extra data ($5) for two months because of this. Did something happen to the promo on my account?

Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9

@softech 

You identified the lunar new year promo which the OP then corrected that he was talking about the new year promo which was a free month and 5gb data add on for $35+ plans. He had 2gb of plan data (+/-autopay bonus?)which was the old $35 plans data amount.

By calculating the add ons he had to recently purchase and the time since activation it shows approximately how much "overage" they was using each month. Thus the extra 5gb of data he got from the promo was used up and disappeared from his account like all add ons do when they are depleted.

No moderator was needed....the moderator probably told them you used up your 5gb data add on. Whether or not the moderator suggested that by changing his plan to the new $35/3gb plan (w/autopay) the OP will increase his plan data amount to about the same amount they using each month from the 5gb data add on or if he heeded my advice we don't know......

I'm not wanting to take the solution away from our fellow member but this is a perfect example of "how to contact the moderators" was not only not needed but could be a detriment to the OP if they do not know about the increase of data on the new plan or if they decide to increase their data they go up to the $40 plan when they just need to change to the new $35 plan.

And someone searching for an answer to the same problem who only reads the solution also is not served well because they won't learn that there is an increase in data on the $35 plan or the $50 plan for that matter.....from this threads solution anyways,

i think you were right.. 

OP was initially asking where the Lunar Promo .. then he was asking how to open ticket with mod

not sure about the 5GB honestly..  maybe he meant he got 5Gb altogether monthly  with the Lunar promo..???

@Luddite 

Me again!😃 I am just curious what is the question the OP is asking? How to contact a moderator? Or what happened to my promo data? ( Which the OP later correctly identifies as the 5gb add on)

** for reference

joshuabookey

Thank you, I just figured out how to submit a ticket. Can a moderator please close this thread down? Thanks

@joshuabookey wrote:

It was a New Years promotion, had 5GB added when I switched to PM in February... I just figured out to submit a ticket here, so hopefully that will help.

Hi @joshuabookey ,

Just so you know, posting here is not submitting a ticket. This is a Public Forum and we are members/customers like you.

Tickets are submitted to Public Mobile Moderators.

See here for more info.: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

@joshuabookey 

Are you on the $35 plan? The 5gb add on bonus was a one time promotion. Once you completely deplete it add ons disappear from your account.  You have purchased the $5/200mb to supplement your plan but its important to know that add ons ( except US roaming add ons) are one time purchases that remain on your account rolling over each month until they are completely consumed.

The $5/200mb data add on= 5×$5/200mb=$25/1gb

The $15/1gb data add on is better value and will only be used once plan data is used up.

If you are on the $35/2gb plan it was updated to $35/2.5gb+500mb w/ autopay=3gb.

You can schedule a change plan on next renewal to switch to the updated $35/3gb plan with autopay. If you run out of data before renewal you can always pay and choose change plan now to renew early or even switch to the $40/5gb plan where you will get 2gb more plan data for $5 instead of 200mb of add on data.

joshuabookey

It was a New Years promotion, had 5GB added when I switched to PM in February... I just figured out to submit a ticket here, so hopefully that will help.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

it was only a 8 months data bonus promotion, when did your plan start?  

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@joshuabookey wrote:

Hi there,

I remember signing up for Public Mobile in February for the first time because of a promo, I believe it was the Lunar Year one. Anyway, it came with extra data, which I'm certain was more than the 2GB that get now. How did this disappear from my account? I had to emergency pay for extra data ($5) for two months because of this. Did something happen to the promo on my account?

Thanks.

Is this it? It is 1 GB for 8 months. You probably used it up for this cycle and will have to wait until next cycle for it to appear again.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Lunar-New-Year-Offer/m-p/648251

Need Help? Let's chat.