cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loyalty / Auto pay rewards

jemtor
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I've been on public mobile for over 6 years, I set up my auto pay when I signed up and since then my account states that I should see:

• Loyalty Rewards: $15
  • Autopay Rewards: $6

My bill for every 3 months should be $120, I pay for a 3-month cycle.  I randomly checked and noticed that I get charged $115 every three months, shouldn't the loyalty rewards make the 3-month payment $99?

29 REPLIES 29

@jemtor wrote:

ok, whew that was a lot, thanks for the help everyone.

Answer:

My signup date was Nov 25, 2016, so yes I should be on my 5th year / $15 discount (I thought it was much earlier than that but I was wrong).  BUT because my last payment was 3 months ago, it didn't trigger the 5th year reward because it was charged before it qualified.

My next payment will be correctly set to $99.

Thank you all for your help!

It would've not been this complicated to figure out if you did not say "I get charged $115 every three months", "my credit card statement is always exactly $115.6", but you showed $15 Loyalty Rewards. Prior to Nov, Loyalty should've been $12 so all those prior calculation were correct.

@Anonymous, I was commenting on the math to get the right amount even though what was typed wasn't what was charged. lol

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

Fuggedaboudit @ShawnC13 ! It was darlicious all along. 🙂

Hey so my math was bang on!!!

From earlier post

I am wondering if the original statement of being here 6 years is actually completed 5 in my 6th and they haven't made the latest renewal so Loyalty is at 12 (instead of 15) + 6 for autopay would be down to $102 say 13% tax gets it to $115.26

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@jemtor 

The 90 day plans make it a little confusing too vs the 30 day plan.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

jemtor

You're right too, but the problem is that the account details on the website, the reward section is updated as soon as a reward triggers based on date.  It confused me as the rewards displayed did not match my bill and it doesn't inform me when the rewards are in place.

Ideally, it would be nice if the rewards would have a small line that states "On your next bill" so i know its an upcoming bill change.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Anonymous 

Lol.... I beg to differ. Look at my second post in the thread.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

jemtor

ok, whew that was a lot, thanks for the help everyone.

Answer:

My signup date was Nov 25, 2016, so yes I should be on my 5th year / $15 discount (I thought it was much earlier than that but I was wrong).  BUT because my last payment was 3 months ago, it didn't trigger the 5th year reward because it was charged before it qualified.

My next payment will be correctly set to $99.

Thank you all for your help!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jemtor : It maxes out at $5. The loyalty will flip over to the next increment on that line after the last renewal before your anniversary. Then the next renewal is after your anniversary and so you get the extra $1 then.

@jemtor wrote:

Ok, so based on that wouldn't this be true?

• Jan - 2021 - Reward $5 
  • Jan - 2022 - Reward $6? 

HI  @jemtor 

Sorry, no.  Loyalty reward maxed out at $5.  So, it will just stay at $5

jemtor

Ok, so based on that wouldn't this be true?

• Jan - 2016 - Reward $0 
  • Jan - 2017 - Reward $1
  • Jan - 2018 - Reward $2 
  • Jan - 2019 - Reward $3 
  • Jan - 2020 - Reward $4 
  • Jan - 2021 - Reward $5 
  • Jan - 2022 - Reward $6? 

i feel like im missing the obvious here lol.  Does anyone know what date the original free sim / $120 public mobile date launched? was it in 2017?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jemtor : My kingdom for a 2. You wrote 115.6 lol. Yes loyalty starts after 1 year.

0 - 1 = 0

1 - 2 = 1

2 - 3 = 2

3 - 4 = 3

4 - 5 = 4

5 - ~ = 5

And there it is in a 1000 words. You've just tipped over into that 5 - ~ bracket. But it won't reduce your payment until the next renewal. Edit: ShawnC13 called it. That is of course the lovely and talented one and only darlicious.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@jemtor 

Loyalty doesn't kick in til after your first year here. So you get $5 in your sixth year. Kind of like you are age zero until your first birthday.

jemtor

oh, ok here's the explanation:

For the last year payments (in 2021), the rewards were $12 ( $4 for 4 years of loyalty X 3 months) for loyalty rewards and $6 ($2 X3 months) for AutoPay. That was on 2021, when you had 4 years spend on the network.

On the coming renewal, this January 2022, the price of the plan will be $99, as loyalty rewards will grow to $15 ($5 X3 months) and AutoPay will stay the same $6 ( $2X3 months).

makes sense but I thought I was in my 6th year as I signed up when public mobile launched back in 2016? I'm not sure how the dates are calculated.  

jemtor

I'm talking to customer support, they mentioned that my plan rate is $120 for every 90 days, and based on my rewards my bill comes to $102 which is why I'm being charged $115.26.  But I asked why my bill is $102 as my rewards show the following:

jemtor_0-1642697134901.png

No response yet.

@Anonymous I am wondering if the original statement of being here 6 years is actually completed 5 in my 6th and they haven't made the latest renewal so Loyalty is at 12 (instead of 15) + 6 for autopay would be down to $102 say 13% tax gets it to $115.26

Brackets added in edit

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShawnC13 : I did the math. Nothing gets to an even dollar. 5, 11, 12, 13, 14.975, 15. Maybe I did it wrong.

@jemtor : Maybe you could post a screenshot of your overview page. Just the left side from the Available Funds down to the end of My Data & Add-ons.

@jemtor If that is the charge on your credit card, let us know what province you are in with what tax rate.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jemtor : Still a mystery. All the math here starts on even dollars...no cents. Not sure how you are being charge 115.60. Oh well. They'll figure it out. Stick to your guns though...there might be some newbie agents.

jemtor

Hello All,

Thank you for your feedback! my credit card statement is always exactly $115.6 per 90 days, i was expecting about $111.  not sure why it's off.  I've opened a ticket to find out.

Anonymous
Not applicable

(120 - 21) * 1.15 (max prov tax) = 113.85. Not sure where the OP got 115 from.

Say (120 - 15) * 1.05 (min prov tax) = 110.25 or (120 - 15) * 1.11 = 116.55.

Or even (120 - 6) * 1.05 = 119.70. Still where's the 115?

So maybe the OP has rounded up or down somewhere to just say 115.

A screenshot would be useful. Maybe something else is going on.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@jemtor 

The government always want their cut…taxes.

@jemtor wrote:

Hello,

I've been on public mobile for over 6 years, I set up my auto pay when I signed up and since then my account states that I should see:

• Loyalty Rewards: $15
  • Autopay Rewards: $6

My bill for every 3 months should be $120, I pay for a 3-month cycle.  I randomly checked and noticed that I get charged $115 every three months, shouldn't the loyalty rewards make the 3-month payment $99?

Your payments don't actually cover a plan for 3 months, but rather for 90 days.  This can be important for knowing when payment will occur and when your data amounts reset.

@Meow 

Yes I am thinking of the Atlantic provinces $15% HST and the possibility that the last renewal is the last one before loyalty bumps up to $5:per 30 days.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

With 13% tax it should be $111.87.

What exact amount you see on your credit card statement? What you see on PM account is amount without tax.

You ARE really loyal customer! Bravo to you!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@jemtor 

Do you see the $21 in rewards credited to your transaction history before your autopay card is charged for your plan amount? What is the automatic top up amount being charged in your transaction history? Is your credit card getting charged $115+tax? Or $115 total?

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jemtor 

Contact Customer Support Agents, they can help.  There are 2 ways to reach them:

1. Create a support ticket by clicking  here , then type Support Ticket, then select Contact Us, then select the topic that more closely matches your requestThen click  Click here to submit a ticket , or,

1. Send a private message to them by clicking here  

You’ll see their reply in your Community private mailbox in the envelope to the left of your avatar.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jemtor 

your plan for $120 -$15-$6=$99 plus Tax.. and the Tax only you will see it at your bank statement,

not see it at PM transaction history.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@jemtor Can you post a screenshot of the payment/transaction history from your self-serve account? Be sure to hide any personal details. If you are getting $21 rewards, it should be ($120 - $21) + tax. 

Need Help? Let's chat.