cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost sim card and want to tranfer my number

Manpreet99
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I lost my phone. I want to transfer my number to another carrier but I don’t have the sim card to receive porting sms.

26 REPLIES 26

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Manpreet99 

Yay! I'm happy to hear you got it all sorted out.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@Manpreet99   Great news!!! Thanks for the update.. 

Enjoy the service

Manpreet99

It’s working now. All good . I got my old number .

Manpreet99

Yeah I changed that way .Now it’s working. Finally everything is well and good

@Manpreet99 wrote:

I am using PM from last 3 years.  Somehow I managed to get it’s sin card after 5 days. Now I requested for sim card change but I don’t know it’s showing no service . I got confirmation email all well.

@Manpreet99  - did you activate the new SIM card?

I thought I understood you wanted to swap the lost sim with a new one.

Did you perform the SIM swap option in your Self Serve, called "Change Sim Card"?

esjliv_0-1644454864056.png

If yes, does your account current say Active?

IF you owe any funds to activate your account, you will need to add enough $'s that choose resume/reactivate service.

@Manpreet99   Yes, you will login to My Account and use Change SIM Card to make the change.    Use Email instead of text to get the code.

@Manpreet99 wrote:

. I got confirmation email all well.

did you  want to say you don't get the confirmation email or you do?   If you have not get the email yet, check the spam folder, maybe it is there

If you really unable to get the mail to complete the process , the you will have to open ticket with PM Support and have them manually process the SIM card change request

1. For faster response (2-48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click "Contact Us", click "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket". Then follow to complete the ticket submission.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

Manpreet99

I am using PM from last 3 years.  Somehow I managed to get it’s sin card after 5 days. Now I requested for sim card change but I don’t know it’s showing no service . I got confirmation email all well.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@esjliv 

I know I've been trying to read between the lines....maybe the OP thought any sim card would work thinking a port and a sim swap are one in the same. Which is why the CSA says you cant "port" your number to lucky. With the $50 plan the OP seems to need the service and you wouldnt want to just abandon your plan and account....you would want to be able to use your plan features.

Hopefully the OP comes back and everyone can clear up the confusion we are all having?!!🤔🤞

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious well, then I am confused.

@Manpreet99  sorry, now I don't really know re-reading everything...a CSA said you could only port to PM (Public Mobile)...aren't you a current Public Mobile customer now?

I know you lost your phone, but do you now have a replacement?

Do you mind sharing your city or a city near you?

If your issue is not resolved, please feel free to remove the solution you choose, in hopes new information can help you here. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@esjliv 

I'm not so sure the OP wants to port out but doesn't quite understand the sim swapping process and could only avail themselves a lucky sim card locally. So they are figuring porting to them would be quicker to get cell service again than waiting for a pm sim card. The CSA may be a little confused too....of the intent of the OP.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Manpreet99 

There are 3 locations in Summerside and 6 or 7 in Charlottetown PEI. And quite a few sprinkled around NS in smaller towns and cities including in Cape Breton. Worse case scenario a couple hours drive or 2 days by Canada Post if the retailer will ship it to you by regular mail.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Manpreet99 I do think this it is unfortunate you need to go through this bother to port out your number, and somehow a CSA cannot approve the port for you.

Are there retail locations near you to pick up a SIM directly:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/store-locator 

Tell them you lost your phone in case they don't want to sell you a sim card without activating a new plan.

Edit, spelling/grammar,  darn mobile is tougher for me, blah.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Manpreet99 

So you moved to PEI or NS? Do you actually want to port out or just swap your sim card in your account? Have you suspended your service via lost/stolen so no one else can use your service? If your plan is still active then when you do so your voicemail stays active even after your renewal passes without paying until you can get a replacement phone or sim card or both.

Canadian Cell Supplies can ship you a $3.99 pm sim card via Canada post in 5 business days on average.

https://canadiancellsupplies.com/collections/sim-cards/products/multi-sim-card-lte-public-mobile-can...

Otherwise Wal-Mart, TMS locations in Atlantic superstore or Loblaws locations have pm sim cards or use the store locator at the bottom of the page to locate a retailer near you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Manpreet99 : Can you call 18554public and enter your phone number and hear the recording and see if the account is active? If active it'll say the future date of renewal. You can only port from an active account.

Then, porting support should be from the new provider and also whether they can even take your number as mentioned earlier but in this case you need to give manual permission to here. That's all this place needs to see you off.

Would you be willing to share the city/town name you're going to. 902 doesn't get us very far.

Manpreet99

CSA said that they can only port to PM not lucky. I am doing all this because my phone is stolen and I need that number I have active account 50$ monthly plan . My number was (647)763. But a year ago I moved somewhere else in another province that’s code is (902). So I can’t get PM sim card here. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Manpreet99 

Is the CSA saying you can't port out without having a pm sim card to recieve the PAT (porting authorization text)? Is there a promo that's expiring at lucky that you need to activate your account for? Or are you trying to port out of your pm account before renewal? Is there any reason you can't pay for a $15 plan for 30 days? Or suspend your service via lost/stolen before midnight eastern of day 30 of your service and reactivate when you get a sim card? You would still be able to access your voicemail while suspended via lost/stolen. Then reactivate use 25 days of your pm service and then port to lucky.

Where are you located? Bell (lucky) should have an exchange in your area but there are some areas here and there that do not so if we know your area code>>(XXX)-XXX->>and exchange but not your last 4 digits of your phone number (XXXX) will allow us to double check if your number is portable to lucky.

Or just close your ticket and start over wifh a new CSA. Always get a second opinion when dealing with customer support you may get a different answer.

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin#.

Manpreet99

He said we can only port to PM sim card . I told him there is no store for PM so that I can buy so I bought lucky mobile he said we don’t port to lucky mobile and asked for another public mobile sim card . I told him that I ordered online but no confirmation nothing came up so I’m not sure it went through or not. He said just wait till the sim card delivery.

@Manpreet99 wrote:

I lost my phone so I can’t receive the text . So I submit the ticket but the agent told me that he can’t port my number. After verifying everything. I gave him all the information. 

You can always submit another ticket and maybe another CSA may port your number. What does the CSA want you to do for a situation like yours?

@Manpreet99 

I will private message you the Telus porting team phone number.  This number is used for porting issues only.  However, the team might not be working at this late hour.  

Manpreet99

I lost my phone so I can’t receive the text . So I submit the ticket but the agent told me that he can’t port my number. After verifying everything. I gave him all the information. 

@Manpreet99 wrote:

I’m porting my number from public mobile to lucky mobile. Can they do that? 

Usually, this can be done, but the number needs to be from a city that both Public Mobile and Lucky Mobile gives out phone numbers for.

@Manpreet99 

Sorry to hear that you are leaving.

Yes, Lucky mobile can port your number.  You will need to provide Lucky mobile: your PM account number, account holder name and PM phone number.  Your PM account needs to be active prior to porting.  Keep your PM SIM card in your phone until you receive the confirmation port text.  You will need to respond yes to the text.  

Manpreet99

CSA said they can’t port my number. Very upset with the service. 

Manpreet99

I’m porting my number from public mobile to lucky mobile. Can they do that? 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Manpreet99 

Contact customer support and answer the additional verification questions that they would normally ask a customer if they were changing the email, account pin # or sim card. Once the CSA is satisfied that you are the account holder you can give written authorization (via private messages) to give consent to pm to release your phone number once they recieve the port request.

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin#.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Manpreet99 wrote:

I lost my phone. I want to transfer my number to another carrier but I don’t have the sim card to receive porting sms.

@Manpreet99  - not sure if there is a way around this...other than obtaining a new SIM card and swapping that SIM card on your Self Serve account.

Ensure your account is active, then you can port over to another provider.

Perhaps porting to Koodo/Telus would allow some exception to this rule? (Telus owns both Koodo and Public Mobile).

If this is the case, maybe submit a ticket to Customer Support (CSA).

Two ways to contact CSA:

1- Put in a ticket through SIMon Bot (usually faster method to get in contact with the Public Mobile Customer Support) by clicking on the bottom, right chat bubble.
OR
2- Private message the Customer Support here (slower method): https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

EDIT: added missing words.

Need Help? Let's chat.