cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost phone

Vonnie1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I lost my phone and paused my account. No problem. This was around 3-4 weeks ago.  Got a new sim card today for public mobile and reactivated. Seemed like there was no problem.  The phone is an old one from my daughter. It won't let me make a call. Emergency calls only. Is the problem with her phone. Or now public mobile is saying pay $16+ which is $3+ more we paid a month. I have not used the phone in all this time. And I want the very basic plan only, which I had before.

8 REPLIES 8

@Vonnie1 

I figured that the phone was locked. Great  that your daughter realized it was locked.

Vonnie1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks all!  I realize my daughter needs to ask her previous provider to unlock the phone.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Vonnie1 

If you used lost/stolen to suspend your account you will need to pay the full plan amount to reactivate and then contact customer support to apply your rewards manually. I'm assuming you have the $15 plan but the "shopping cart" is showing you the plan price plus the taxes that will appear on your credit card statement.

What is the make and model of the phone? If it's locked you need to either contact the provider that phone originally was bought from and ask for the unlocking code or if it's a Samsung phone you can either live chat online or call them to get the phone unlocked after you give them the IMEI#.

Samsung Canada 1 800 726 7864

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Vonnie1 - what is the status saying in your My Account or when you call 611 (or # 1-855-478-2542 or # 1-855-4PUBLIC from another line)? Ensure it is Active. Maybe there was some still outstanding amount needing to be paid?

But you did say 'reactivated'. So, as for the dollar amount difference what does it say in your payment history as listed what the charges are:

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/en/account/payment/payment-history

Not sure what model you have...try, to open Settings. 

Tap 'General', then 'About' Tap 'Carrier lock'. If it says 'No SIM restrictions', then your phone is unlocked.

If locked contact, or ask you daughter to contact, the previous provider to unlock it for you.

You will need your imei number, dial *#06# to get it.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Vonnie1 

Do you know if the old phone is locked with another carrier?

What is the make and model of the phone?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Try the sim in another phone. What make and model is the old phone?

Upon paying to reactivate out of suspension, you have to pay the plan price. Particularly since you used the lost/stolen function.

LoveNature
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @Vonnie1 

Login to account and change the SIM card number and then if the plan is a higher price then change plan.

Edit: your daughter device maybe is locked, then ask her to make a call to company got device from, to unlocked for Free off any fees.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Vonnie1  how you "reactivated" your account with the new sim card?

I assume you want to use it with your old account and old phone number?

did you login to My Account and use Change Sim card option?

Please note one important thing, you need to use a desktop or laptop computer to do complete the Change sim card process.  Accessing via the mobile phone to Change sim card will not work.

and what you meant by $16+ which is $3+ more?  which plan you currently have?  are you still on the old reward system or new?  Can you post some screenshot where you see the amount due?

Need Help? Let's chat.