cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost phone and process to retaining the previous public mobile number

jad2224
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

My son recent lost his phone which had a public mobile sim. He is not able to log in to his gmail account and also lost access to the public mobile account. We have used automatic payment linked to his debit card. 

We now bought a new public sim card and phone. Please advise us how we can retain his old public number so he can gain his access to his gmail account. 

Thanks in advance!

10 REPLIES 10

@jad2224  Yay glad you got it all sorted out 

jad2224

Thanks so much for the suggestion @esjliv . I was able to resolve the issue and retain the number. 

jad2224

Thanks so much for the suggestion @Handy1 

jad2224

Thanks so much for the suggestion @hTideGnow 

jad2224

Thanks so much for the suggestion!

Moved:

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@jad2224 wrote:

Hi,

My son recent lost his phone which had a public mobile sim. He is not able to log in to his gmail account and also lost access to the public mobile account. We have used automatic payment linked to his debit card. 

We now bought a new public sim card and phone. Please advise us how we can retain his old public number so he can gain his access to his gmail account. 

Thanks in advance!

@jad2224 

Is there a reason you're unable to log into self-serve?   Did you have two factor authentication set up to send an SMS to the device?

If so, follow @esjliv information to contact Customer Support to give you access to self-serve, and while they're at it, they can associate the new SIM card to the account.

If no 2FA is enabled, try logging in to the account using the e-mail account and password AFTER going incognito or private tab.   It doesn't matter if the associated e-mail account is defunct as the e-mail address for log in here is simply a username and doesn't need to be associated with an operable e-mail account.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @jad2224 

since you son has no access to the email, you need to open ticket with PM CS agent to ask them to change the email login to another email address first.  Maybe on the same ticket you can ask PM agent to change the SIM card on the account as well 

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

First type Contact,
then select the only choice there: "Contact..",
from the list of , choose "Other"
finally click link the blue link about submit a ticket
Another page will open and just follow: .

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can open ticket by private message (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@jad2224  Do this on a computer swap sim number do not activate it 

My account

Legend  and features

Change plan / update cc /auto pay

Handy1_0-1674768471781.png

Account #/ change # port /swap SIM

once your logged in again if you need help to change email you need support for that but first try using forgot password reset and try different emails you think you used to join on I initially and see if your email gets reset code 

support 

Getting support / submit ticket

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here                 

Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message to our  CS_Agents by clicking here.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@jad2224 

See "How To Change Your SIM Card" at the bottom of this Help Article: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/sim-swap-fraud

BUT, since you cannot access his My Account, perhaps submit a ticket this way to do so. And also request to get access back to his My Account. Click here to request a SIM Swap with the Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA): Submit ticket for a SIM SWAP

Need Help? Let's chat.