cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost phone & SIM, cannot access Public Mobile website.

krithi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I unfortunately had my phone go missing during travel, and currently do not have access to my SIM card. I'm out of the country, and for some reason also cannot log on to My Account to suspend my services. I have been charged for this month's payment today - this is a bit of an inconvenience because I do not have access to my SIM to be availing services this month, and will be out of town for the next 2 months so I simply do not have the need for mobile and internet services for a while.

It has been impossible to get the chatbot to submit a ticket, and I would appreciate some help sorting this out! Thanks so much! 

4 REPLIES 4

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@krithi 

You can have the 2FA code sent to your email when you login to your account.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@krithi wrote:

Hi,

I unfortunately had my phone go missing during travel, and currently do not have access to my SIM card. I'm out of the country, and for some reason also cannot log on to My Account to suspend my services. I have been charged for this month's payment today - this is a bit of an inconvenience because I do not have access to my SIM to be availing services this month, and will be out of town for the next 2 months so I simply do not have the need for mobile and internet services for a while.

It has been impossible to get the chatbot to submit a ticket, and I would appreciate some help sorting this out! Thanks so much! 

Since PM website has caches issue, so clear caches , cookies then using computer and private or incognito mode browser to login. For some mysteriously reasons, mobile device some times hard to login, so don't use mobile device to login.
Follow above method try login again.

Chat with Simon for this matter, if Simon can’t help, he would let you open a ticket.
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@krithi you can try login MyA Account again using Incognito mode, assuming you have access to email to receive the 2FA code.

if that does not work, since you cannot login to My Account, please engage Support by direct message and ask them to help suspending your account for Lost

you can message them here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

kaytus
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@krithi You can submit the ticket to CS_Agent or Chatbot. But 3 piece of personal info to prove that you are the account holder. Also can you stop the autopay. PM is pay as your go service. if you don't pay , your account will suspend. you can active back before 90 days. i hope it can help.

Need Help? Let's chat.