cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost iPhone in Vancouver, BC

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

So, I found a lost iPhone. It's on, and it says Public Mobile, but it is a locked device with 17% left in the battery. My wife's iPhone charger doesn't fit the one on this one. I have no idea what model this is.

Any idea on how to find the rightful owner? I did post a sign up in my building just in case, although, it was a few blocks where I live, one never knows. Would like to find the rightful owner?

10 REPLIES 10

@mpcdesign wrote:

Oops, let me clarify the last post. It wasn't my wife who lost a phone. And no, my wife isn't an old Asian woman. Yes, my wife is Asian, but not old or little. My wife could probably beat my butt!

It was a different Asian woman who was a senior. Again, not my wife, my wife is not a senior. Although, there are times my wife is very forgetful though! 

Over clarification bro! LOL 

So you wife is an iPhone user...lol

I think its actually really cool that you were able to speak out in the community and ask if anyone lost their phone. 

Oops, let me clarify the last post. It wasn't my wife who lost a phone. And no, my wife isn't an old Asian woman. Yes, my wife is Asian, but not old or little. My wife could probably beat my butt!

It was a different Asian woman who was a senior. Again, not my wife, my wife is not a senior. Although, there are times my wife is very forgetful though! 

@mpcdesign wrote:

@ShawnC13, it's a locked device. I can't see the IMEI, so, anyone could say they lost an iPhone. Hence, why I didn't attach a photo of the phone so they can tell me any distinguishing marks on it if they message via the community. 

But, if you think to let the moderators know, okay.

Remove the SIM tray:

- give the SIM # to the moderators

- the IMEI is engraved on the SIM tray for most iPhones; https://pangujailbreak.com/find-iphone-imei/

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

Found the owner. Or should say the owner finds me. I posted a sign in the mailroom, and a little Asian woman came up to me and asked if I found a phone. I said yes. And asked if she can describe the case. She describes the case to a T!

Happy owner reunited. She said she got off the bus and reached for her keys, and when she got home, she lost the phone. She was grateful that I picked it up, and post a sign up in the mailroom as she was coming back into the building again!

Thanks, @ShawnC13 and @gblackma  for the tips for unlocking a phone. I never got to test this out!

Okay, somebody lose an iPhone so I can test this out. My wife won't let me near her phone....hmmmm.

@mpcdesign If the charger is wider than 1/4" it will be an older model needing a 30 pin cable. If you post first three digits of your postal code, a member nearby may have the correct cable.

Try pressing the home button in case the owner created an emergency contact note. Of course, if it has no lock code rummage through the contact list.

Thanks for letting us all know.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@mpcdesign wrote:

So, I found a lost iPhone. It's on, and it says Public Mobile, but it is a locked device with 17% left in the battery. My wife's iPhone charger doesn't fit the one on this one. I have no idea what model this is.

Any idea on how to find the rightful owner? I did post a sign up in my building just in case, although, it was a few blocks where I live, one never knows. Would like to find the rightful owner?

You can always put  2 adds up on usedvancouver. One in the lost and found section and the other under cell phones. Everyone is always using those sites. 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@mpcdesign here's a link on returning a lost IPhone https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/found-lost-or-stolen-iphone/

@mpcdesign check out the link I added in my original post

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ShawnC13, it's a locked device. I can't see the IMEI, so, anyone could say they lost an iPhone. Hence, why I didn't attach a photo of the phone so they can tell me any distinguishing marks on it if they message via the community. 

But, if you think to let the moderators know, okay.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@mpcdesign wrote:

Any idea on how to find the rightful owner? I did post a sign up in my building just in case, although, it was a few blocks where I live, one never knows. 

@mpcdesign , I would message the moderators and let them know that you found this.  that way if someone reaches out to them about a lost iPhone in the area it could help.

Edited to add:  @mpcdesign  try this site for suggestions hopefully one might work.  https://unlock.ultrasnow.eu/found-iphone-want-find-original-owner/

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.