cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost a refer a friend reward?

BT89
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I referred my mom yesterday and I see the rewards in my self serve account, but this morning I just received a text from 100 saying "Public Mobile here. So sorry, your Refer a Friend reward will be less on your next payment as one of your friends has left us. See the details in Self Serve."

My mom just activated her SIM yesterday so I don't see how she could have left Public Mobile already.

64 REPLIES 64

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Klamchop wrote:

Can you please help me look into this?  THank you so much,

@Klamchop here's how to get help with that:

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Klamchop

Hi there!

My refer-a-friend award got taken off after my mom's service (whom I referred) was temporariliy suspended when she forgot to update her new credit card information.  After her service was resumed, I never got the refer-a-friend put back on my account.

Can you please help me look into this?  THank you so much,

adastoor

Thank you for replying!  I have sent Shazia a private message.  Everyone seems so helpful.

🙂

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@adastoor you wouldn't see it in your rewards section - only your husband will get rewards for referring you.  Mods will need to look into that, so send one of them a private message (ie: @Shazia_K) with both the referring number and the referred number, they can fix it up for you.

adastoor

Hi, I just signed up with PM and everything is set up great!  However, I put my husband's PM number as the person who referred me and neither my husband or I can see that in our Rewards section.  Could you kindly help me out please?

Thanks,

Anita

DaVibe
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Just as a follow-up to my own post in this thread,

I still do not have a refer-a-friend listed under my account.

I currently have a refer a friend credit listed under payments, but no refer a friend credits listed under rewards.

Is there a way to fix this?

@Shazia_K

DustinDauncey

Just messaged the mods about this, as I also had the same issue. Was about to post a new topic and then found this one that described exactly what happened to me. Hoping this gets fixed soon.

markjanzen

@WearySky wrote:

@markjanzen They usually take a couple days to show up in my account. 

ok thanks they should really mention that in the text they send...also the number that referred you would be handy too

teknowiz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It has been 4 days for me and it still has not shown up. I dont think it will show up at this point without mod intervention and manual fix on back end.

WearySky

@markjanzen They usually take a couple days to show up in my account. 

markjanzen

seems like there is still bugs in this refer a friend system, got a text today but see nothing under my rewards. does it take time to show up or is it supposed to be instant?

WearySky

@kenobi wrote:

They should stop advertising about this rewarding system until they fix the system. 

You guys are telling me this is just a system bug... so... let me ask you.. what kind of professional business companies keep the system bug destroying their reputation and customer base for weeks?

It works just fine for the vast majority of people.  Believe me, Rogers has HUGE bugs in their system, at least a couple times a year (for the decade I was with them) I'd have to call them to get them to fix billing issues.  This "referrals get lost temporarily" bug is tiny in comparison to the $200 "billing error" I had on my Rogers bill one time, that they insisted was not an "error" but rather something I had done (no, Rogers, I did not travel to Poland and send $200 worth of roaming text messages), but they removed it from my account "as a goodwill measure".  

kenobi

They should stop advertising about this rewarding system until they fix the system. 

You guys are telling me this is just a system bug... so... let me ask you.. what kind of professional business companies keep the system bug destroying their reputation and customer base for weeks?

ddsinthe6ix

Hi @Shazia_K

I just wanted to also mention that I lost my 'refer a friend reward'.   I had referred 4 friends over during the 4 gig/$40 deal over the last few days. I was receiving 2-3 text messages saying that my friends had left and thus I lost the reward, but when I logged in, I still had the rewards in place, so I assumed it was some texting glitch.  However, I logged into my account and they are indeed all gone 😞

I'm confident it's just a temporary issue but just thought I'd also voice my concerns.

Thanks

Slammer111

Just do what you have to do, then worry about the referrals later.

The referrals can be done at a later date.  As long as your number was actually placed as a referral when they sign up, it shouldn't be a problem.

I wouldn't worry too much about the accuracy of the referral list (inside your account) at this point.  They're obviously dealing with some database glitch. My referrals are going up and down with each passing day.  Just send PM an explanation of any inaccuracies you see, and they'll take care of it.

Ancient_Hydra

Also been 3 days for me since I've helped 3 people sign up, I haven't seen a message indicating anything on my account for these referals. I'm waiting to port my number seeing how admins are backed up with current issues already. I feel like if I port before anything shows up, I will have definitely lost all my referals. Hopefully they will show up, but I'm beginning to think its not going to happen for me Smiley Sad

casperr

It is really disappointing. I kind of lost interest in referring to get credits. I lost three, well they never showed up at all that I referred them even though I was the one that personally filled out the application for my friends and entered my phone number as referrer, still four days later, only two of them showed up.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @kenobi.  It's actually called a system bug, and they will happily restore for anyone affected.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

kenobi

This is such a joke. I think PublicMobile is taking all the rewards out of new members. Can they legally do this? Isn't this called a SCAM? 

poloextreme

I just another text saying another friend reward left.

thx

@Shazia_K

craig91

Great service, but the automation in place is a complete mess lol.

I lost ALL my referals! Grr

craig91

Same issue here. I signed up 3 or 4 people but only 1 shows. I received two texts so far, the first said one of my friends had left PM, I received another 2 hours later saying I signed a new friend up and am now getting rewards.

Do we all need to create our own thread to get this fixed or is PM going to clean up all referrals themselves?

photosbydan

I seem to have the same issue, same Sorry notice anout a refer a friend leaving even though it's not the case.

Have you all found a resolution after recieving the notice?

alee

Hi @Mary_M @Saray_O

I have the same same issue as subject line...one of my friends have lost after she registered few days ago.

I have pm you can you please take a look?

Thanks!

Eug
Ok thanks. I haven't seen it anywhere including on her My Rewards page but I'll wait until after the weekend.

@Eug usually a few days after I have seen it populate on main page & on estimated payment due page

Eug
Thx. However how soon is soon? What I meant by the question was if the referral info showed up immediately. After about 4 hours it hasn't showed up.

I'm just wondering when I should bother the mods about this. After six hours? 24 hours? I note this has happened to others as well but I didn't see a post as to how long it takes to show up.

It's not a big deal of course but a buck is a buck. 🙂

@Eug no it won't be applied until next cycle

It should appear in reward section soon though

Eug
Should the referral be immediate? I signed up this morning and entered my wife's number as the referral but her account has no mention of a referral. She didn't get a text either.
Need Help? Let's chat.