cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost/Stolen rewards glitch back?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Edit: Luckily it turns out this is an isolated case as confirmed by the moderator. It's safe to use the lost/stolen feature without it affecting your rewards.

I must be slacking.....i just changed the bf's plan at the last minute before autopay was triggered and paid with a voucher. I took a screenshot of the transaction history and that's when I noticed the autopay did not apply. Then I looked closer and autopay hasn't been applied since March! The first month (renewal) after a moderator confirmed the recent system updates had fixed this issue. I had been testing this but for some reason I did not screenshot the last couple of renewals. I could have sworn the autopay had applied but the transaction history says otherwise.....

I will be submitting a service request with my original ticket# but should advise that using the lost/stolen feature for troubleshooting should be avoided and/or given the warning that it comes with a cost.....rewards will not be applied upon renewal!

Apologies to anyone I've suggested using the lost/feature for troubleshooting and please check your transaction history for your rewards not being applied if you have used the lost/stolen feature.

10 REPLIES 10

Ok....i just heard back from the moderator and they have confirmed this is an isolated case and they have submitted a ticket to look into the bf's account. Not to worry using the lost/stolen feature when used (as long as it's not enabled thru your renewal) will NOT affect your rewards being applied. So a glitch but only for my bf! I will edit/update where necessary!

@kselmak 

It shows it just doesn't get applied. After it finally got applied in March correctly which confirmed (at the time) that the maintenance work they were doing to the rewards had fixed the glitch. I just didn't pay close enough attention to see that it didn't apply after that.....if it was my account I would have noticed because I have more rewards than just autopay.....

Now this confuses me.

The rewards apply at the beginning of the cycle. You have your card present and registered for autopay, you get the reward. So it doesn't not apply to the cycle in question but the following cycle (they don't dip into your balance and possibly make it -2 )

If it was reported stolen well before the renewal does anything happen or does it apply only when you cross into the new cycle?

I reported it many times but it was allways mid cycle and I never noticed anything

Does it not show in your list of rewards?

Dies it show but doesn't get honored?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Rewards/Autopay-reward-Do-not-use-lost-stolen-trick-I...

@Naepalm 

This was a known issue and with my bf's propensity for losing his phone I took it on as an issue needing fixing.....the original ticket to the tech team was created at Christmas and we thought it was resolved at the beginning of spring but it looks like that was a one time only deal.... You can read about the original issue at the above link.....that I need to update.....

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious 

Thank you for the detailed work on this! And a really good heads up about the lost and stolen feature not being used for trouble shooting. 

Public Mobile need's to work on this not sure if they can do it on a case by case basis or not? 

We could just flag each message with for the Public Mobile team to show how often it happens. 

@cellphoneuser1 

Once for all calls going to voicemail and every other time for a lost phone....sometimes found and sometimes not!He's on his fifth phone I'm still using the 2017 upgrade from my flip phone that I still use as a back up. (He even lost it but recovered it the next day!)

The service stopped working that many times or the phone kept geting lost? I know that lost/stolen gets used to reset account issues.

@cellphoneuser1 

Yes as far as I know....sadly it's been pretty much used every month with the bf so if it has not been used in your 30 day cycle it should not affect your rewards.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

Doesn't lost/stolen reward glitch only happen in the same month that's done?

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

🥴

Need Help? Let's chat.