cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Signal and Dropped Calls

LDD
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My wife and I have been public mobile customers for about 2 months now, great service usually! Today we have both been experiencing zero bars of signal intermittently, as well as dropped calls, texts not going through, etc. We have been home all day where we normally enjoy excellent signal. Anyone else experiencing this? Both our accounts are in goodstanding. Thanks.

17 REPLIES 17

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@LDD wrote:

Update: Moderator was quick to reply and give a solution and all is resolved for both my wife and I. Thanks everyone here for your help. 

Great news! Would you mind letting us know what the fix was?

@LDD you are welcome . Glad that we could help you . Have a great day. Only 2 more to go. Lol.

@LDD wrote:

Update: Moderator was quick to reply and give a solution and all is resolved for both my wife and I. Thanks everyone here for your help. 

LDD

Karnbot13
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@gblackma wrote:

@mh1983 It is  based upon your personal experience can't be a falsehood.

@mh1983 wrote:

@sheytoon wrote:

@mh1983 wrote:

They confirmed that PM calls are on the same Telus "backend" but they essentially get treated as a lower priority which was disappointing to me.

I don't know where this keeps coming from, but it's not true. PM does not have lower priority than Telus.

directly from them: "PM calls are handled and operated on a different platform so you can say they are somewhat [lower priority] but nothing drastic since it is using the same radio frequencies."

Not trying to spread falsehoods, but PM call stability does overall seem to be on "shakier" ground than it was (for me and my wife) on Telus or Koodo.

But it could be confirmation bias. You end up in the same place as a falsehood

@mh1983 It is  based upon your personal experience can't be a falsehood.

@mh1983 wrote:

@sheytoon wrote:

@mh1983 wrote:

They confirmed that PM calls are on the same Telus "backend" but they essentially get treated as a lower priority which was disappointing to me.

I don't know where this keeps coming from, but it's not true. PM does not have lower priority than Telus.

directly from them: "PM calls are handled and operated on a different platform so you can say they are somewhat [lower priority] but nothing drastic since it is using the same radio frequencies."

Not trying to spread falsehoods, but PM call stability does overall seem to be on "shakier" ground than it was (for me and my wife) on Telus or Koodo.

mh1983

@sheytoon wrote:

@mh1983 wrote:

@mh1983 wrote:

mh1983

I experienced intermittent dropped calls when we lived in Ontario. We're in NL now and I noticed some drops in December but no issues lately. I had to contact moderators who then escalated to engineering who fixed issues on the network side. They confirmed that PM calls are on the same Telus "backend" but they essentially get treated as a lower priority which was disappointing to me. 

But some other things to rule out while you wait to hear  back from moderators:

What kinds of phones are you using? Did you use them on a different network before coming over to PM?

Does the SIM card require an adapter? 

Can you take out the card and make sure the SIM slot is clean? 

martinjacob01

I have experienced the same issue a day before. I was at Toronto downtown. I lost my signal suddenly 

Joelkim
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I thought NB is covered everything exept of the national park and I checked the coverage again, but i can see they are covered any cities and towns. Am I wrong?

@ljdemont wrote:

I am also having issues. Ticket sent. 

Are you also in NB?

@LDD Thanks for accepting my answer as the solution.  I'm glad that we could be of assistance.

ljdemont
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I am also having issues. Ticket sent. 

As @Dunkman suggested.  It sounds like it could be local problem in your neighborhood I checked here http://outagereport.ca/publicmobile, nothin mentioned. To contact a moderator. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon . Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one. 

@LDD 

No issues in Alberta today

Maybe observe for the next day or so. If still issues, may need to contact moderator. 

LDD

New Brunswick

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@LDD 

What area are you in

Need Help? Let's chat.