cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looks like community rewards for August have been posted to accounts

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just noticed it in my self serve portal.

18 REPLIES 18

@GreatCanadian wrote:

Well @will13am you deserve the bravos. You are a tremendous help to the community.

I like to be involved in the community somewhat. I don't do it for the rewards (and I'm sure you don't either - the $/hr pay rate would be quite low!!). But I do enjoy helping people if I can but nowhere to the extent that you do.

That being said, although the monetary rewards are not important to me, I do enjoy telling my friends that my bill last month was $9 and this month (today) it will be $16, while some of them are paying $80+ for the same or lesser plan (I'm on the $40 4.5 GB 3G plan). Granted they have LTE data while I'm on 3G, but our real life comparisons show no difference unless streaming 4k video, or downloading large files. Public Mobile is not for everyone. Potential customers need to read up on it before joining and determine if it's suitable. I have 12 referrals. I set all 12 up myself - zero issues. And none have had a single issue in the 9 months I've been with Public Mobile. I'll never leave (as long as PM stays reasonably priced). I may switch my daughter's to the Koodo promo, but I don't know. PM has been trouble-free and 100% satisfactory for me. Again, congrats will13am. You should be at 2,000 bravos, because I wanted to bravo one of your posts a thousand times if you remember!!

GC

P.S. I received a $25 credit this month for one of my referrals. Add that to my $24 rewards, and this month my plan cost me........ negative 9 dollars. With previous referrals, my balance has been increasing to the point that approximately my next 4 months will cost me nothing.

Thank you GC for the accolades.  We are all here for similar motives; we like the disruptive concepts in this brand, we want the brand to be successful by helping other customers and earning some rewards to offset our 30/90 day bill is icing on the cake. 

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Well @will13am you deserve the bravos. You are a tremendous help to the community.

I like to be involved in the community somewhat. I don't do it for the rewards (and I'm sure you don't either - the $/hr pay rate would be quite low!!). But I do enjoy helping people if I can but nowhere to the extent that you do.

That being said, although the monetary rewards are not important to me, I do enjoy telling my friends that my bill last month was $9 and this month (today) it will be $16, while some of them are paying $80+ for the same or lesser plan (I'm on the $40 4.5 GB 3G plan). Granted they have LTE data while I'm on 3G, but our real life comparisons show no difference unless streaming 4k video, or downloading large files. Public Mobile is not for everyone. Potential customers need to read up on it before joining and determine if it's suitable. I have 12 referrals. I set all 12 up myself - zero issues. And none have had a single issue in the 9 months I've been with Public Mobile. I'll never leave (as long as PM stays reasonably priced). I may switch my daughter's to the Koodo promo, but I don't know. PM has been trouble-free and 100% satisfactory for me. Again, congrats will13am. You should be at 2,000 bravos, because I wanted to bravo one of your posts a thousand times if you remember!!

GC

P.S. I received a $25 credit this month for one of my referrals. Add that to my $24 rewards, and this month my plan cost me........ negative 9 dollars. With previous referrals, my balance has been increasing to the point that approximately my next 4 months will cost me nothing.

I haven’t looked yet, but my plan change is already covered with available funds and the rewards listed in my overview page as of yesterday.... so here’s hoping it’s a successful 90 to 30 day renewal overnight tonight.

I will just post a congrats to all.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@SD08 wrote:

@Rascal wrote:

1000 bravos in a 30-day period! Good grief! Now that's invovlement.https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/Rewards/message-id/5475#

If I'm not mistaken, I think I saw recently that @will13am reached 1100 bravos in a 30-day period.  Perhaps there should have been a celebratory thread for that, even though 1100 doesn't quite have the same milestone ring to it as 1000.  Definitely harder to achieve, however.

@SD08 wrote:

@Rascal wrote:

1000 bravos in a 30-day period! Good grief! Now that's invovlement.https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/Rewards/message-id/5475#

If I'm not mistaken, I think I saw recently that @will13am reached 1100 bravos in a 30-day period.  Perhaps there should have been a celebratory thread for that, even though 1100 doesn't quite have the same milestone ring to it as 1000.  Definitely harder to achieve, however.

@SD08  we are getting a little off topic now 🙂

@NDesai  you know my point of view why not move it in a coule days when the official announcemen happens if its that important to you.  this thread will be long forgotten in two days anyways.

SD08

@Rascal wrote:

Rascal
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@will13am wrote:

And I get criticized for celebrating each time I exceed 1000 bravos in a 30 day period...  Maybe we should have a sticked ongoing discussion that livens up every 30 days. 

@mimmo wrote:

@NDesai  did i get in before you move the thread? or is that not happening any more?  

PS congrats to all

While having a single topic makes sense to me, i do not want to be the sort of devil anymore for policing this kind of activity Smiley Sad. If we all come to an agreement to keep one ongoing topic, i will be happy to do so. 

Rascal
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yes! How exciting! I can't get over how much fun it is to see the few dollars show up each month. Mine went up for my second month and it made me very happy!

mimmo

I noticed the difference in numbers  as well @computergeek541  just was not sure it was worth the effort to bring up.  i still rememebr the discussions i had with jeremey and the community on the various discemencies  re awards and that it was impossible to have less people in the  50% group compared to the 25% group etc.... 

@NDesai  did i get in before you move the thread? or is that not happening any more?  

PS congrats to all

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

And I get criticized for celebrating each time I exceed 1000 bravos in a 30 day period...  Maybe we should have a sticked ongoing discussion that livens up every 30 days. 

Good work all.

@MoreYummy wrote:

They credit your account before the annoucement usually.  

@computergeek541 it is found like that many times, the number varies.  make people wondering many people left or what

I'm fully aware that the number changes monthly.  It's just that the numbers changed extremely drastically that month.  I'm talking about something like going from 6, 7, or even 8 0.5% to 4 and 50 or so top 5% down to 10. That was back in April  This is before the introduction of the new amounts and reward level names.   It's hard to believe that the participation levels changed that much.  Convert the old top 0.5% to top 1% and 5% to the current top 5% and I'm suspecting that a similar payout trend continued, at least in the top 2 non-oracle levels.  What I'm speculating is that the calculations and formula used to determine how many people would be eligible at each level may have changed when the higher rewards were introduced.  In the end, I sitll find the payouts to be higher (than before the reward amount change), but it's definitely a lot more difficult than before to stay anywhere near the top. But yes, the other speculation is from how many people left previously for the Koodo migration offers.

They credit your account before the annoucement usually.  

@computergeek541 it is found like that many times, the number varies.  make people wondering many people left or what.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

WTG TEAM

CONGRATS TO ALL

I guess nothing is kept secret around here.  It's still nice to see the increased reward amounts, but I can't help but notice how the amount of people in each rewarded category drastically reduced (at least it seemed to me) the same and very month that new and improved program was announced (before it even took effefct).  Oh well, guess there's a budget to maintain. Congrats to all.  We can debate whether people shold be talking about whether these types of threads should exist, but really I see this as the result of how Public Mobile almost always deposits the rewards before the annoucement.

SD08

@NDesai wrote:

Here we go again, pre congrats to all i guess Smiley LOL

Haha... haven't resigned yourself to seeing this every month yet?  Smiley Tongue

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Here we go again, pre congrats to all i guess Smiley LOL

Need Help? Let's chat.