cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking to switch, questions about the process

WeirdHuman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am currently with shaw, in a couple months it'll have been 2 years. I get 25gb data for $25 a month, sounds great, but I'm so fed up with the poor service I want to switch. The coverage is mediocre even in Edmonton, my phone is constantly switching from LTE to H+, to 3g etc etc. I was previously with Telus and had amazing service, and I understand Public is owned by telus, and uses their network, so I'm intrigued.

My issue is that I want to try Public for a bit and see if I like it while still keeping & paying for my plan with shaw, but I'm unsure of how it would work. I'm assuming I'd buy a sim, make an account get a new phone number and I'd be good to go. Then lets say after a couple weeks I'm sold, do I just go into my account somewhere and request a phone number port of my previous phone number? Is it that easy?

1 REPLY 1

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@WeirdHuman Yes you pretty well have it figured out I think like you said in a couple weeks you can transfer your number over from Shaw in your account it’s pretty straightforward and you seem to have it figured out Once you do transfer your number your account at Shaw will automatically close but it is a good idea to keep your eye on it to make sure you are no longer billed

Need Help? Let's chat.