cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for help, Porting issue

Kodiosborne
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi I just switched over from virgin I’m looking to have my number transfer over . Now long story short I canceled my old account with my provider and did not request a transfer and now the I got the request they have not sent me a verification to port over CAN SOMEONE HELP PORT MY OLD NUMBER OVER PLEASE!!! 

6 REPLIES 6

That would be extremely unlikely, @kahull 

But it’s always good to give the OP hope.

🙂

kahull
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You wouldn’t be able to port your old number anymore, as you have cancelled the account, but you can choose to “change you phone number” once you are registered.  You may be able to get your old phone number back that way.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Kodiosborne 

Once you cancelled your old Virgin number. You lost the number and can’t be ported over to PM. The old number will be return to the carrier that issued it to you.

If the number was originally from Telus, there is a slim chance to get it back. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Kodiosborne sorry, this is not something PM can help.  Account must be active for number to port to anywhere.  So, this is something you need to work out with Virgin. 

If you not left Virgin for too long, they might be able to reactivate the number for you so you can port the number.  Check with them and maybe you get good news from them 

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@Kodiosborne wrote:

Hi I just switched over from virgin I’m looking to have my number transfer over . Now long story short I canceled my old account with my provider and did not request a transfer and now the I got the request they have not sent me a verification to port over CAN SOMEONE HELP PORT MY OLD NUMBER OVER PLEASE!!! 

If you want to keep your previously phone number porting to PM, you must keep your previously account activated, otherwise you can't port!  Because you already cancelled your previously account, your previously phone number may be no longer exist. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Your number is likely lost, unless you are able to restore the service with Virgin to enable the port to occur.

Contact them right away and see if there’s any way to reinstate the account.

ADDING:   if there isn’t, you’ll have to activate here with a new number and update all your contacts with your new number.

Need Help? Let's chat.