cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long wait to port number from PC Mobile.

jguido
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I submitted a ticket on November 11 to port my PC Mobile number to Public Mobile. I followed the procedure to port a number from "Koodo or PC Mobile". I got an immediate confirmation that my ticket was successfully submitted. The status read:

"Time submittted: 2021-11-11 10:42 AM

Thanks jguido!
We have all the information we need about your issue.
Help is on the way!"

It also stated:

"During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours."

It's been almost 4 days now and I have not received a reply. Is this a typical wait time now?

My PC Mobile plan expires November 18 at midnight so I need this soon or I will loose my number.

10 REPLIES 10

@jguido   Glad it all working now.   Did you talk to them with the support line or via ticket?

thanks for coming back and tell us what was missing. 

Enjoy your new service.

jguido

After some Private Message back and forth with CS_Agent the number port is finally completed. Thanks to all who replied.

During the ticket submission it says if you don't know your account number with the old provider to put in N/A. If you do that, the submission will be successful but nothing will happen after that.

Since I didn't know my PC Mobile account number I put in N/A and sure enough nothing happened for 4 days. According to CS_Agent they can't do the port without your old account number. The account number doesn't appear anywhere in the PC Mobile app. I had to phone PC Mobile Client Care (#7266) and talk to a live agent to get the account number.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@gpixel wrote:

wasn't PC mobile customers supposed to choose a temporary number first and then ask customer support to port over? or is this old news?

@gpixel   and  @jguido     Yes, according to this Announcement both Koodo prepaid and PC Mobile transfer still require a temporary number first and then customer support to complete the number transfer:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Transferring-or-Changing-your-Phone-Num...

wasn't PC mobile customers supposed to choose a temporary number first and then ask customer support to port over? or is this old news?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jguido 

you need to reply to that messages from CSA,

• and send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,

and put it your ticket number,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)
  •  

jguido

I have a dual SIM phone so I have PM and PC SIMs both installed and all services active on both.

I never received an SMS from PC Mobile, nor did I receive any follow up from CS_Agent about my ticket.

I have now messaged CS_Agent again and am waiting for a reply.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Porting is usually initiated immediately. I assume you replied YES for SMS from your previous provider withing 90 minutes?

Initiating porting on holidays might cause delay even though 11th Nov was business day for many businesses.

Check if you still have service with old provider.

Check if you have Any service (SMS/data/phone) with PM.

Let us know so we can understand where are you stand in porting process.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@jguido wrote:

I submitted a ticket on November 11 to port my PC Mobile number to Public Mobile. I followed the procedure to port a number from "Koodo or PC Mobile". I got an immediate confirmation that my ticket was successfully submitted. The status read:

"Time submittted: 2021-11-11 10:42 AM

Thanks jguido!
We have all the information we need about your issue.
Help is on the way!"

It also stated:

"During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours."

It's been almost 4 days now and I have not received a reply. Is this a typical wait time now?

My PC Mobile plan expires November 18 at midnight so I need this soon or I will loose my number.

@jguido 

You should open a ticket with PM:

Chatbot (tiia.ai)

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@jguido   there is a number you can call (PM/Telus Porting Support).    I will message you the number and you can call and confirm the porting status.  Please check your Community inbox , envelope icon on top right

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

I believe that the 11th may have been a holiday.  I would suggest waiting another day or two.  Also put your sim from PC mobile in so you can reply to the port request.

Need Help? Let's chat.