cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long-time customer not getting calls.

Red2019
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I’m a long time customer and I’ve been having an issue with receiving phone calls. Most of my calls are going directly to voicemail. I’ve tried restarting my phone, removing the Sim card and switching back-and-forth from airplane mode. None of these tips I’ve been successful. I believe this might be a network issue.  How can I get help to fix this problem?

8 REPLIES 8

Red2019
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks @softech  switching to 3G worked. 

@bbdata  actually for voice, PM uses 3G network for that.  When you are on LTE connections and voice calls come, the phone needs to change to 3G on the fly to accept the call  So, in your case, likely a weak 3G signal here, and it took too longer for the phone switch from LTE to 3G network.  With 3G Only set, the phone is staying on 3G and saved the switching time and hence avoided the calls from forwarded to VM

@Red2019   if you have not tried yet, try to do two things:

first, reseat the sim card.  Power off phone, take sim out for a minute and then put it back and power on

Then  change the Preferred network type to 3G Only for couple days and see if it works. Try to have someone to call you when you are in different area, not just your home or office.  This can confirm if it is a local network issue or not

trish24
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

definitely try all these steps then contact the cs agent to see if they can reprovision your sim card 

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@Red2019 wrote:

Hello, I’m a long time customer and I’ve been having an issue with receiving phone calls. Most of my calls are going directly to voicemail. I’ve tried restarting my phone, removing the Sim card and switching back-and-forth from airplane mode. None of these tips I’ve been successful. I believe this might be a network issue.  How can I get help to fix this problem?

Check if you accident turn of phone sound or turn on to silent mode at meeting but forget to turn off after meeting.

bbdata
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I've experienced something similar to this in the past. What I did was change my phone's network setting to use 3G only and it allowed calls to connect without going to voicemail.

For my situation, it was because I had unstable 4G signal in the apartment I lived in and it would fail to fallback to 3G for some reason. It was a combination of network signal and my phone at the time, but that was my diagnosis after lots of trial and error.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Red2019 

Before going the CSA route, try these fixes:

• ensure airplane mode is not enabled
  • ensure do not disturb is not enabled
  • ensure the number calling you is not on a blocked senders list
  • disable any call-forwarding features/settings
  • turn off Bluetooth -- it's possible the 'ringing' is going through to a Bluetooth device instead of device's speakers
  • remove and reinsert your SIM card
  • reset network connections

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Send a private message to CS_AGENT to open a ticket and report your issue.

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@Red2019 

You might want to get a Customer Support Agent look into your sim card and provisions for it.

Use the Chat Bot Simon to get a service ticket started first.

Need Help? Let's chat.