cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long distance charge for call!

Belushi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi. I subscribed to the $40 plan with unlimited Canada wide talk yesterday. Was surprised to hear "long distance charge may apply" while trying to make a call from Cambridge to a friend in Hamilton. Do I get charged for making these calls even though the plans says unlimited Canada wide talk?

Will appreciate any clarification.

Thanks you

7 REPLIES 7

hogas123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thats just a standard message that is played whenever the system detects that a call is long distance, no worries no charge will be applied.

Belushi

Thanks for the clarification 

Belushi

Thanks for the response 

Wanda1994
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

There's no charge. That happens to me too because I have a New Brunswick phone number but I live in Ontario so I get that message almost every call.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Belushi  You can safely ignore that message. Also best to change your contacts settings to prefix +1 in front of all numbers to avoid hearing that message in the future.

@Belushi wrote:

Hi. I subscribed to the $40 plan with unlimited Canada wide talk yesterday. Was surprised to hear "long distance charge may apply" while trying to make a call from Cambridge to a friend in Hamilton. Do I get charged for making these calls even though the plans says unlimited Canada wide talk?

As @ShawnC13 was saying, Public Mobile doesn't ever charge anyting per call.  The "long distance charges may apply" message happens because the system has the call as being long distance.  Either way, the message can simply be ignored. Sometimes people immediatley hang up fearing long distance charges, but the next part of that message is something along the lines of  "your call is being connected".  The "1" will bypass that message and make it so that you can complete your call a few seconds faster.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Belushi wrote:

Will appreciate any clarification.

Thanks you

You will not be charged anything extra.  If the call would be long distance from a landline you still need to dial 1 in front of the number you are trying to call

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.