cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long distance calls disabled.

nmumin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

As shown in the below information, I still have 257 mins left for my long-distance call. When I tried to call a long distance, I am getting rejected. Would you please fix this issue for me. 

Below is information copied from my account:

"500 mins
500 one-time Int'l LD bonus
257 mins left"

Any assistance would be highly appreciated. 

thanks,
Noor
12 REPLIES 12

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@nmumin - know that the people you are communicating to here on the forum are not public mobile representatives; we are customers and members like you here. So none of us can fix this for you. Public Mobile contact customer support is contacted via the ticketing system to communicate with public mobile. You can search 'customer support' in the get help section to find these methods.

curious, about how many times, and from what periods were you able to call Kenya? Was it just one number that failed? Maybe other numbers would still work if you tried them?

If not, well glad you were able to for a certain period of time.

The countries in addons can be found in different areas/posts (yours is a freebie from PM, so listed in an announcement as computergeek provided). Some listed a bit differently depending on which long distant addon is being referred to. Not ideal, IMO. It would be great if it extended the countries list RIGHT IN OUR Addon list in our My Account...really wish this will be the case one day.

Here is one area of one you need to purchase, but you need to scroll down to the bottom to see it.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans#plans-start

@nmumin- Um...they're free. It would seem from your other thread that the company has tightened up their undocumented countries.

If you weren't able to call one of the countries in the list then even then...they're free. But you had been calling an unlisted country and now you can't. Oh well. You enjoyed a benefit you weren't entitled to.

You should still be able to call the other countries. If you were on the $15 plan then you could also use those minutes to call Canada.

nmumin

CORRECTION: Sorry I meant ' I AM NOT HAPPY WITH THIS LIST OF COUNTRIES"

nmumin

Thanks for the information. I wished public mobile would have been fair to all its customers. I am happy with this list of countries. Now my long-distance minutes are wasted. I will make a decision whether I will remember to be a customer here. 

@nmumin wrote:

where can I find this information that says the long distance add on only covers certain countries. 

"Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela"

500 one-time Int'l LD bonus was provided for free. The infromatoin about this add-on is at https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/More-is-Merrier-with-Public-Mobile/td-p...

nmumin

where can I find this information that says the long distance add on only covers certain countries. 

"Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela"

@nmumin wrote:

Kenya. 

Sorry, but calling to Kenya has never been supported. it working before means that you were getting something that wasn't supposed to work. You'll need to use a different method to keep calling this destination such as a calling card.

nmumin

Kenya. 

@nmumin wrote:

it used to work when calling Africa and now it stopped. 

Which country specifically?

nmumin

it used to work when calling Africa and now it stopped. 

@nmumin wrote:

As shown in the below information, I still have 257 mins left for my long-distance call. When I tried to call a long distance, I am getting rejected. Would you please fix this issue for me. 

Below is information copied from my account:

"500 mins
500 one-time Int'l LD bonus
257 mins left"

Where are you trying to call? Not all calling destinations are included.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@nmumin 

Maybe try rebooting your phone. 

Did you call this country or phone number before? The long distance add on only covers certain countries.  

It looks like you have the most recent XMAS long distance add on.

This add on covers the following: 

Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

Need Help? Let's chat.