cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logged into Account Locked out of Rewards

Savetta23
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am logged into my account. Cannot log in to Rewards (says I am locked out).

29 REPLIES 29

@Savetta23 @computergeek541 

on Microsoft Edge Browser inPrivate mode,
i did tried to login with my wrong password the max
6 time is show this Exceeded max login attempts.
closed all Browser and clear cache and cookies and open again fine. no message for Exceeded max login attempts. 

do you use that programs CCleaner  it's good.

yes there maintenance from 1AM to 6AM  time to time because the system has is a new design..

Savetta23

Not required.

See above.

Savetta23

Well it worked fine up til 3pm today. Always has. Don't think it's a browser issue. My housemate is having the same problem on her phone (gets locked out). She's on a different browser. And to confirm my suspicions, I just got a note saying there's some maintenance issues right now.

PS I'm an electronics engineer.

@Timer wrote:

@Savetta23 

so set your email and password with 3 site for  self-serve and Rewards and Community.  to be Login. same info.

it's your browser issue... and how you fix it?

The exceeded max logins is a browser session lockout.  Closing the browser and relaunching can sometimes be enough, but it in case it's based on a cookie, that would also need to be cleared.

@Savetta23 

so set your email and password with 3 site for  self-serve and Rewards and Community.  to be Login. same info.

it's your browser issue... and how you fix it?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Is there a reason you won't use a different browser? Or even device?

Savetta23

I was logged in to the Account page. I am very familiar with the difference between the Account page and the Community Page. I can still access the Community page, but now cannot sign into the Account page. Tells me my password or email addy is bad. It's ridiculous.

Savetta23

Have sent them a ticket; get nowhere. They occasionally send me a code with no notice. The code does nothing. Cannot sign into anything now.

Savetta23

Yes. Still did not work. Now I cannot log into my account or anything else. Password change is accepted but cannot sign in.

@Savetta23 

Download Microsoft Edge Web Browser  and one page inPrivate mode, 

Savetta23

Negative

Savetta23

Desktop, Firefox

@Savetta23 wrote:

Using Firefox. Will submit a ticket.

@Savetta23  - are you able to try one of those other browsers mentioned above (other than firefox)?

Savetta23

Using Firefox. Will submit a ticket.

Can you try on mobile, if you are currently on desktop now @Savetta23 

Or microsoft edge, or firefox or safari..?

Savetta23

I reset my password via the Rewards login page, and logged out of My Account. At first I could not log into My Account, but now I can. But still get the max login notice on the Rewards page.

Savetta23

And now I can get back into My Acccount, but still cannot get into the Rewards portal.

Are you using Chrome, by any chance?

You can also use a keyboard shortcut to open an Incognito window: Windows, Linux, or Chrome OS: Press Ctrl + Shift + n. Mac: Press ⌘ + Shift + n.

Then choose to go to My Account or My Rewards at the top right of your screen to log in:

esjliv_0-1658675192820.png

Does this work, please let advise.

If issues persist, submit a ticket to CSA for assistance.

To contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, there are two methods to reach them found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Savetta23

I tried resetting the password from My rewards and now cannot get into My Account or My Rewards. Cache was totally cleared.

@Savetta23 wrote:

I did change my password today; it worked on My Account but does not work on Rewards (which I am locked out of).

Did you try a tab in incognito mode as @will13am mentioned here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Logged-into-Account-Locked-out-of-Rewards...

Savetta23

I did change my password today; it worked on My Account but does not work on Rewards (which I am locked out of).

Savetta23

I realize that it's odd. Why I am asking the question. This is what I get when I try to log into Rewards:

Savetta23_0-1660866810049.png

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

That is correct, you have to log in to it as well (dumb). But locked out?? That seems odd when you're able to be logged in to the account.

Savetta23

I tried it and I keep getting exceeded Max Login attempts when I try to access Rewards from the Account page.

Savetta23

I am logged into my account. When I try to access the Rewards portal, it wants me to log in again. But I'm locked out when I try it.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I don't suppose you're meaning you're logged into this community account? The account and rewards use the same login. If the password is changed on one, it changes on the other - as an example.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Savetta23   Just want to confirm you didn't get the Community account (here) mixed up with Self-Serve My Account (https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/).  Keep in mind, Community uses username, and My Account/My Rewrds use email address.   

If you sure you can login to Self-Serve My account, just wondering if you have changed your password today ?  Not sure if the credentials sync between the servers are done 

I would try to wait an hour and try again to login both My Account and My rewards and see if they both work

Of course  if not, try to reset the password from My Rewards and see how it goes

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Savetta23 

tried use browser from computer,and clear cache and cookies and use one page inPrivate mode,

To Login Page  or Login Page Rewards

you will get verification code by email or SMS
and inserting the 6 digit number and not press anything
just wait a 5 second automatically be login,,

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Savetta23 , try using incognito mode on your browser.

Need Help? Let's chat.