cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked out of our account so can't pay phone

LynneBoardman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

About to quit Public Mobile altogether.  When it's all working fine, it's cheap and great. But the inability to speak with or chat with a customer service agent is beyond frustrating. We've been locked out of our account, because it says "we will email you a code" but no email shows up.  When I try to ask a question it asks me to verify the account details - but the details are all, of course, online!  So you can't see them without access to the account.  When I pick "Send code by SMS" also nothing shows up.  Have tried to contact customer service through Community but nothing is happening - presumably b/c I can't verify the account!  So absolutely no recourse but to let this service go and go back to Shaw, Rogers, Telus etc. where there are real people. 

12 REPLIES 12

BossMan92
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have exactly the same problems as Lynne. I am locked out because I got a new credit card and now I want to register the new # on my account and I can't get in. Not with my password and I did not get an e-mail to create a new password either. I guess the buck stops here and I am going to get a new plan somewhere else. It is SUPER frustrating that for some reason my password does not work when it always did in the past. And now I cannot create a new one and the solutions they provide leads you in circles ending with the same problems you encountered at the start. Bye public mobile.

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Have you checked your email spam and junk folders?

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Great idea Alexandf!  🤨

@LynneBoardman- You have your own thread going. Anyway...there's also 1-855-4pu-blic that you can use from anywhere that can dial it.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@LynneBoardman 

Instead call 1 855 4 PUBLIC and enter your daughter's 10 digit phone number. Then follow the prompts to enter your four digit account number and use the credit card on file to make a payment.

Edit:

You can't use your phone to phone 611 it will go to telus you have to use your daughter's phone to call 611. The 611 number works even when your daughter's phone is suspended.

LynneBoardman

So my daughter's phone no longer works b/c the account must be suspended because I needed to make a payment. But when I try to do 611 from my own phone, it won't work to make a payment as it only links to my own phone number via Telus.  And the chatbot and ticketing and etc. options you mention above also don't work b/c they want account info that only exists - online. And of course I can't get online.  So .... at this moment the entirely-virtual aspect of Public Mobile is failing utterly.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@LynneBoardman 

If you have the four digit account pin number and you have a credit card registered that's still valid just phone 611 follow the prompts and make a credit card payment to reactivate your service.

nce that's done you can receive the SMS verification text. Login to your account. Go to your profile. Disable 2FA verification. (I agree it's a major pain in the butter!)

Once that's done take screenshots of all of your info in your account you can then transcribe that onto paper and it put it somewhere safe and secure that you can access for future reference. You may or may not want to keep the screenshots on your phone at the very least archive them so they are not obvious just in case something ever happens to your phone. This way you always have access to that important information.

Here's additional information on alternative methods of payment for future reference.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Can-t-Make-a-Payment-or-Update-Your-Card-...

LynneBoardman

Yep but with other carriers, that information also exists in at least one piece of written or emailed info, so I would have a record of it. With Public Mobile, all of that info is on my account - which is online - and which I can't get to. Except of course the phone number and PIN number.  

LynneBoardman

I will try *611. the other options won't work because they want account details - and those are all online ... but of course I can't see them b/c locked out ..... and here we are again in the vicious circle.

Alexandf
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@LynneBoardman 

call *611 and pay for it.

or open ticket with PM support and ask them to check it for you

At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket 

have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS_Agent 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@LynneBoardman wrote:

About to quit Public Mobile altogether.  When it's all working fine, it's cheap and great. But the inability to speak with or chat with a customer service agent is beyond frustrating. We've been locked out of our account, because it says "we will email you a code" but no email shows up.  When I try to ask a question it asks me to verify the account details - but the details are all, of course, online!  So you can't see them without access to the account.  When I pick "Send code by SMS" also nothing shows up.  Have tried to contact customer service through Community but nothing is happening - presumably b/c I can't verify the account!  So absolutely no recourse but to let this service go and go back to Shaw, Rogers, Telus etc. where there are real people. 

To verify that the account is yours, you need to provide information such as account number, account PIN, payment amounts, approximate activation date, etc. through the chatbot ticketing system (do not post that information here).  At any carrier, such account ownershiip proof is required before the account can be discussed.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

You can buy vouchers from many stores and dial 611 to enter them. You can use real time payments in a few stores. If you know your 4 digit account pin then you can dial 611 and pay with the registered payment card.

Are any services working?

Adding - vouchers online too

Need Help? Let's chat.