cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local long distance.

golfball
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you have a line with limited minutes and run out of them will you still be able to call locally in Canada with the minutes from a long distance add on?

Edit: Specifically there is an add-on on the account called "500 one-time Int'l LD bonus"

16 REPLIES 16

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@messenabout 

As mentioned by @dust2dust the gifted holiday international minutes would only kick in for use in Canada on the current limited minute $15 plan and any grandfathered/legacy plan with provincial calling or the former $10 50/50 plan now the unlucky $13 plan. Customer support agents only work for pm.....since they don't live in Canada they have no real experience using the service so you should always consult with the community for confirmation after chatting with an agent.

@messenabout- Some regulars wonder the same thing. So are you on the $15 plan? That's currently the only plan that that freebie is relevant to calling Canada while in Canada.

@messenabout wrote:

Well then what good are the CS Agents around here? That is exactly what they told me. I have the same gift; nothing kicked in when I ran out of minutes.

I hope you're right for @@golball's sake and others in the same boat. 

Let me ask you, if they are eligible why have they not kicked in? Mine didn't.

The gifted minutes are good (or are supposed to be good) to use as Canada-wide callis and were advertised as such.

messenabout

Well then what good are the CS Agents around here? That is exactly what they told me. I have the same gift; nothing kicked in when I ran out of minutes.

I hope you're right for @@golball's sake and others in the same boat. 

Let me ask you, if they are eligible why have they not kicked in? Mine didn't.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

@golfball- I firmly disagree with the above from @messenabout . The plan is active. Active means not suspended. The add-ons given the last few Christmas's were the same as the old 400 minute international add-on. The old add-on included Canada, US and the handful of other countries. The new 300 minute international add-on does not.

The solution chosen is entirely appropriate.

messenabout

@darlicious

But only FROM Canada TO OUTSIDE of Canada, including U.S. 

However I do believe you and the others who answered yes they could be used are mistaken. In order to use those gifted minutes, you have to have an active plan. As he has already run out of minutes, his plan is deemed inactive therefore they don't apply. 

In any event, they don't apply Canada to Canada.

See my reply to his answer.

By the way thanks for your help today. Much appreciated but I think I'm on track now. Rather, I think PM is on track again. I'm happy about that. I do not want to leave and a lot of it has to do with this Community

messenabout

@golfball

I'm almost certain the other answers are INCORRECT.

I've asked Customer Service about this particular add-on and IF I remember correctly, those minutes are NOT valid for Canada to Canada. See attached screenshot illustrating the distinction.

As to the minutes themselves, NO. You can't use them. The reason being I was told, is it was a gift from PM and it is only valid with an active plan. Because you have a limited minutes plan and have run out, your plan is not active.

No minutes=No action LOL

If you'd purchased an add-on yourself, yes you could use them. But not THAT add-on. Again see screenshot to see there is a distinction. 

In any case, you're SOL on this one. 

You have run out of minutes and if the add-on was applicable, it would have already kicked in.

We tried, lol. But sorry, no go on this one.

Screenshot_20221127-010422_Chrome.jpg

golfball

@dabr wrote:

@golfball   If those LD international minutes were gifted to you from  PM, then yes you can use those minutes to call within Canada, however, I believe others posters were recommending that you instead purchase the $5/500 Canada wide minutes add-on to use for calling within Canada as it would be more economical and keep the international minutes for making calls internationally as the cost per minute to purchase them vs 500 CW mins. is greater. 

However, if you don't have any family or friends to call internationally, then you might as well use them up for domestic calls.

I see, after reviewing the available add-ons I know what you mean. The international add-ons are much more expensive and probably should be used for their main purpose. Thank you.

Thanks to everyone that answered.

@golfball   If those LD international minutes were gifted to you from  PM, then yes you can use those minutes to call within Canada, however, I believe others posters were recommending that you instead purchase the $5/500 Canada wide minutes add-on to use for calling within Canada as it would be more economical and keep the international minutes for making calls internationally as the cost per minute to purchase them vs 500 CW mins. is greater. 

However, if you don't have any family or friends to call internationally, then you might as well use them up for domestic calls.

@golfball wrote:

Sorry I'm a bit confused by these different responses. Are you saying it's international only or that it will work in Canada as well?

Yes, the specific add-on that you have can be used to call Canadian phone numbers.

golfball

Sorry I'm a bit confused by these different responses. Are you saying it's international only or that it will work in Canada as well?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@golfball 

Yes....that is one of the gifted holiday add ons from the "more is merrier" campaign. It will work in Canada to call the US/ĵ and all of pm's international long distance calling destinations except the Phillippines.

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@golfball hi yes that add on will kick in when your limited minutes are used up for the cycle, the extra minutes in your add on will then roll over to be used the next time you run out 

Perhaps not in that case @golfball 

You might find it another option to purchase a $5 calling add-on, which will give you 500 calling minutes.  These don’t expire till used.

golfball

HALIMACS I've edited in the specific name for the add on, is it still true?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@golfball

Yes, you will

You might find it another option to purchase a $5 calling add-on, which will give you 500 calling minutes.  These don’t expire till used.

Need Help? Let's chat.