cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link my community account to my PM account?

Hilarium
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I signed up a community account today to ask some questions.

Then afterwards, I made the switch and moved from Fido over to PM.

How do I now make the link between my community account with my PM account?

13 REPLIES 13

@Jonavinwrote:

If I have multiple accounts and I want to change which account my community activity is linke dto, can I just change and verify my community emial to match the account I want?

Yes, it should be able simple as that.  The only thing that causes the community account to be linked to yor self-serve billing account is the e-mail address.  When I activated my community account, I never gave them any other information that Public Mobile could have possibly used to know who to pay the community rewards to.

Jonavin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yes. I only have one community account and multiple PM lines. So if my community emial used to match line 1 and then I changed it to match line 2, all future credits will go to line 2 instead of line 1. Do I have the right? Nothing else to do? It just happens automagically?

@Jonavinwrote:

If I have multiple accounts and I want to change which account my community activity is linke dto, can I just change and verify my community emial to match the account I want?

Yes. But only only 1 account may be linked to each community handle; several community handles may not link to the same account email address.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Jonavin Yes i believe so.

Jonavin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

mimmo

the accounts are seperate and not actually linked together.  The email addresses in both must match to get rewards.  they probably run a query manually to add the rewards using the email address as the unique key

Simon4s

I think they're not linked even if you use the same email..

The same e-mail is required if you want potential community rewards applied to your self-serve account.

TaylorJW
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

That was my bad, sorry for the confusion. I didn't realize this was posted in the "rewards" forum. 

Yeah if you sign up with the same email for both accounts then you'll get any community rewards you earn applied to your self serve account. 

Hilarium

if the two accounts are kept separate, how will my pm account know I've made contributions to the community forums, and therefore earn rewards for it?

that is why I want to know how to link the two accounts

TaylorJW

How is that reflected, though? I don't see anything that is "linking" them. 

Even went ahead and changed my password via self serve just now and the password for my community account is unchanged.

mimmo

the accounts are linked if you used the same email address for both the community and selfserve

TaylorJW

Your community account is kept separate from your actual Public Mobile self serve account afaik. It's probably better this way for security reasons. 

If you ever need to get support for Public Mobile just message @CS_Agent directly with your account # and phone # and the relevant info and they'll get back to you ASAP. :). 

Need Help? Let's chat.