cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legacy Rewards or Public Points?

Atmd
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm still opted into the legacy rewards program and am saving $6 a month with loyalty and auto pay. Is there any advantage to joining Public Points instead? I'm pretty sure the legacy program is better but just wanted to check!

7 REPLIES 7

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @Atmd 

no, actually this didn't didn't keep changing their rewards programs, this is only the first time it changed it 

and yes, as @HALIMACS  most (but basically all) change the programs for their advantages, not yours.  I guess when they first start, they need the customers, once in optimal point, they can loosen up a bit on the rewards

Ironically, if the points system was the original offer, there likely wouldn't be as many complaints about it, but yes, the old rewards system is unversially better is almost all apsects for the customers.  If the number are examined, it might not make business sense to continuing with an offering that gives someone $7 off to someone just for being a customer on low-priced offering such as the $13 or $15 plan. That comes out to about 54% and 47% discounts.  As to why the refer-a-friend offering wasn't substantially changed, we have to remember that if someone has referred 10 new customers, it's not really the referring customer that has costed Public Mobile $10. In reality, it's really the customer who got referred who costed Public Mobile $1 and that's not as large of a cost to Public Mobile.

HI @Atmd 

no, actually this didn't didn't keep changing their rewards programs, this is only the first time it changed it 

and yes, as @HALIMACS  most (but basically all) change the programs for their advantages, not yours.  I guess when they first start, they need the customers, once in optimal point, they can loosen up a bit on the rewards

Agree @Atmd 

One thing to bear in mind is that when a company (almost ANY company) makes a change to a reward or loyalty program, when they make that change irreversible, and promote it heavily, it's a strong indication it is BETTER for them and LESS beneficial to the customer.

Atmd
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanky out! I suspected as much.. it's a shame these companies keep changing their rewards programs to inferior ones... Like Tim Hortons!

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Atmd 

No advantages but there was a contest for Points member for a iPhone when it first started but haven’t seen anything since.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Atmd 

we all agree the legacy one is much better and the new one is no where close

Main difference is the loyalty rewards, which you can get as much as $5 a month after completing your 5th years

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Never, ever switch @Atmd 

The legacy rewards are superior in almost every aspect.

And once you switch, you can NEVER switch back.

Need Help? Let's chat.