cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legacy Plan - seconds of talk time is rounding up

ashutosh06
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

For emergencies, I have a legacy plan with 50 mins of talk and 50 text messages for my child. I was recently checking the usage and saw that when I called my child and it went to voicemail for 3 seconds, it showed a talk time of 30 seconds on public mobile's usage (website). I am baffled at this usage report. I am confused and frustrated with this type of usage summary as I cannot even use the full 50 mins allocated to talk with my child. I need support on this by public mobile customer service. 

@softech @J_PM @Dave_M 

14 REPLIES 14

@Timer wrote:

@dust2dust 

i know, i see it,, you can do that but is will be annoying, you have service in here and getting from that serivce all in one and change plan to be good. 

@Timer- ????

@dust2dust 

i know, i see it,, you can do that but is will be annoying, you have service in here and getting from that serivce all in one and change plan to be good. 

@Timer- You're mixing messages. The OP asked about the details showing inbound calls that go to voicemail and thinking they were using minutes. You then added your reply as an attempt at clarification to myself and the OP. I clarified that by stating that inbound calls going to voicemail don't in fact take minutes.

I'm not arguing with you over the calls from the handset to voicemail which you just repeated. Although that can be worked around as mentioned by JL9.

@dust2dust 

ok. but we have to calls to voicemail to Listen an sometime we do Listen again and will deduct from in-plan minutes.

@Timer- The wording is misleading. It means calls made from the handset to check voicemail. Not that inbound calls going to voicemail take minutes. You are well able to prove this for yourself.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

You can also save some minutes by calling from another phone or evn a free VoIP app to check your voicemails for that number 

@ashutosh06    Since you are on a grandfathered plan, if you do opt to change it, then you won't be able to change back to it as it's no longer offered.  However, depending upon the usage and because PM increased the price for this plan by 30% a few months ago, perhaps the $15 plan would offer more value for an additional $2/cycle.  Of course, it would be still cheaper if the usage is nominal to just add the $5/500 mins as back up mins since they don't expire.

@dust2dust @ashutosh06 

at  Terms and conditions for plan
#5.Calls to voicemail will deduct from in-plan minutes.

ashutosh06
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you @Timer, @RossN  for your explanation. I did not know that this was the care as I've always had an unlimited talk/text plan and I never bothered to look at the online usage report for my child's public mobile plan. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Think of the usage details as a report of all the activity on your account. The overview page number is the one you want to focus on. Inbound calls that go to voicemail do not take your minutes.

It's also highly recommended to get the $5 500 minute Canada-wide calling. Great add-on for limited minute plans at 1¢ / minute.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@ashutosh06 , minutes have been rounded up to the nearest whole minute for as long as I have been a customer.  This is not a recent thing.  

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@ashutosh06 

seconds of talk time is rounding a minute
e.g.  02:05 is call 3 minutes  or 06:40 is call 7 minutes
and you call to your voicemail is also taken from your minute

so if you like to change your plan to unlimited /Canada-wide minutes

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@ashutosh06 hi it doesnt matter what provider you are with ,the limited talk plans are rounded up to 1 minute even if you only use 4 sec or 54 seconds 

Lux
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Try refreshing the stats. There should be a small refresh button.

You can contact a representative by doing the following:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Need Help? Let's chat.