cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legacy Loyalty Rewards Reset after Plan Change

Sferguson
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was on the 2016 Holiday Promo until I switched to the 35/mo 20GB Promo from Black Friday. My 90 day plan just renewed, and I see that my rewards, specifically my loyalty rewards, have been reset. For my next payment cycle it shows "0" for my loyalty rewards. I'm getting the 20/mo off for 15 months, but it seems like moving forward I'm starting from "zero" for the loyalty rewards.

On the first billing for the new plan I got my auto-pay, refer-a-friend, and loyalty rewards, but in the rewards portal today loyalty shows "0" for the next billing cycle.

Is this a visual glitch or did I miss some "fine print" that negates my loyalty rewards by switching plans?

Edit: I have submitted a support ticket per recommendations after trying numerous fixes to see if this was just a visual glitch. Support confirmed my Loyalty reward status and acknowledged it may be a glitch in the display of the rewards portal. I'll continue to monitor and verify if I receive all the applicable rewards credits for my next billing cycle.

12 REPLIES 12

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Sferguson 

I wonder if this old troubleshooting trick for the $10 and $15 plans will work on your account? Courtesy of @Luddite 's cheat sheet.....

Perform a future dated plan change to the $25 plan. As soon as that is done, the missing loyalty reward line will appear and any loyalty reward that was missing from the account will instantly be added. After cancelling the plan change the Reward remains.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Sferguson , it's possible you might have a glitch in your account.  I have switched several accounts that were on the fall promo to deals available during year end. None have had issues you refer to.  If for some reason you were moved to the points reward system, all your other reward categories would show points instead of dollars.  It might be worthwhile to initiate a support ticket and have a CSA investigate. 

Sferguson

Thank you. Other suggestions have not resolved the issue, so I've followed your instructions to submit a ticket.

@Sferguson  Good news is you won’t loose your old rewards for changing plans 

you did the right thing changing at renewal but you can seek further assistance from support to look into why it’s not showing 

Getting support / submit ticket

• Get support by starting a conversation with virtual Chat box /SIMon. Click here                 

Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   To CS_Agents by clicking here.

Watch for reply top of page to the

Right ( envelope image )

Sferguson

Thank you. Yes, my goal has been to stay on the "old" rewards program. I did not switch over to points, only updated my plan.

If I can't get verification here I'll wait a month until my next renewal and see what happens then. Thanks for the help!

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Sferguson   There's all sorts of incorrect information in the self serve account and sometimes refreshing the page by clicking the refresh icon bottom right will fix it.  Otherwise, use incognito/private mode to view the details of your account (still not 100% that you will see accurate info) though.

HI @Sferguson   Plan change won't affect rewards.

But when it change from 90 days to 30 days plan, I saw people had different weird issues

Maybe open ticket with PM cs agent.  No worry, you won't loss your loyalty, they just need to manually fix it, I think

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

First type Contact,
then select the only choice there: "Contact..",
from the list of , choose "Other"
finally click link the blue link about submit a ticket
Another page will open and just follow: .

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can open ticket by private message (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Sferguson

Thanks for the suggestion, I still see the same rewards in incognito mode. Auto-pay and refer-a-friend are accurate, loyalty shows "0".

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Sferguson - switching plans does not affect loyalty. However, switching to Public Points does affect ongoing loyalty rewards.

Since you still got the autopay reward, then you didn't switch to Public Points, I would advise you stay in old rewards. 🙂

The rewards portal is probably incorrect. Hopefully it right-sides itself and especially by your next renewal.

Sferguson

I changed plan at renewal. So I signed up for the new plan last year, but as I was on a 90-day plan it only renewed and switched to the new plan this month.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Sferguson   could be a visual glitch.  Try login again using Incognito mode and see if you see the correct reward 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Sferguson  Did you do change plan at renewal ? Or change plan immediately?

Need Help? Let's chat.