cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G3

BanJan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello

Koodo is seling the LG G3 with Koodo. I have an old phone that i got from PM before January 2015. I have SIM for that. IT's one of those HUWEAI ascend phones ... those crappy ones.

My plan was to have the phone with Koodo for 4 months, and after 4 months, cancel the plan (no fee) and move to PM by unlocking it and using my SIM Card for my HUWEAI. 

Would that work? Or is that just impossible

5 REPLIES 5

Chicklets
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you cancel your koodo plan within 14 days, there is no charge for the plan, just for the phone plus tax

@BanJan So, assuming I understand the Koodo web site correctly, you would buy the G3 outright for $360 plus $5 for SIM plus $30/month = $395 plus tax. Port your current number to Koodo to close your existing account.

During that month you would activate your PM account using a different email address from Koodo and take new phone number, then port your Koodo number once PM is activated. That would close your Koodo account.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Chicklets

You need to sign up for a plan. Koodo will not sell the phone outright.

deltatux

@BanJan wrote:

Hello

Koodo is seling the LG G3 with Koodo. I have an old phone that i got from PM before January 2015. I have SIM for that. IT's one of those HUWEAI ascend phones ... those crappy ones.

My plan was to have the phone with Koodo for 4 months, and after 4 months, cancel the plan (no fee) and move to PM by unlocking it and using my SIM Card for my HUWEAI. 

Would that work? Or is that just impossible

@BanJan, couldn't you just buy the phone outright? It would be cheaper... You don't need to unlock it to make it work on Public Mobile.

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
No unlocking required for current generation koodo & Telus to run on Public Mobile. No comment on the rest of your questions.

FYI: if you don't pay your PM's 30 day plan within 120 days from the last time you paid then your PM number and account will be cancelled for ever
Need Help? Let's chat.