cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Koodos launched a daily roaming option

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire

Kind of unrelated, but Koodo finally launcher their "daily roaming" plans. Just wanted some thoughts on something like this. 

Are you for/against daily roaming plans? Is it worth it for those short trips accross the border. Do you think its more convient than buying a local sim card, and going through all that hassle. 

Just curious, my dad always boasts about how great Rogers Roam like home is. Mind you 99% of the time he travels its for business 

11 REPLIES 11

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I do not use roaming that often but if I did I would want the best price. Freedom Mobile's roaming price is $15 for a full month. Their US network (AT&T) is great. You get much better reception in the US than Canada. If you are travelling for 3 days or more, it is not a bad deal.

Grampa
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

This may not apply to many people, but I will use the Koodo roaming when stopping over during overseas trips. I have a trip planned for early next year, with a one-day stopover in Paris, going to Mauritius. But yes, in Mauritius I can get a local Sim and plan that will cover my needs for 3 weeks for only $25 Canadian.

Back in the day, if someone needed to get a message to me, they’d call the hotel and leave a message for me.

when I’m on vacation, I want to be left alone.

shawnie_boy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I think the roaming options are convienient, but for the USA I would just use Freedompop. Its 100% free. Just buy a bunch of sim cards and take them with you. For other countries, I guess it depends on how difficult it is to find a sim card. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Who cares about roaming features from Canadian carriers.  They are never price competitive and are merely aimed that those customers who have welded the SIM card into the phone or are too lazy to shop locally for a service.  Most parts of the world have really cheap cell plans and so it isn't hard to find good options. 

mattdxb
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It's also capped at $100 per billing cycle which is still pretty expensive. However, I think I would use it for short trips to the US. $7 per day is not that bad for a 3-4 day trip and you get to use your data allotment in your regular plan. 

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I am not a fan of paying international roaming.  I seem to manage just fine by picking up a local sim whereever I go.  I would probably use the PM US roaming though, because those trips are typially short so its more convenient to keep the same sim in the phone.  

@Luddite wrote:

@NDesai Did you mean postpaid?

Nope, prepaid.

"Koodo also notes that prepaid service can be used in the U.S., but no other international locations, while Telus specifies that the feature isn’t available to any prepaid customers."

Read more here: Koodo now offering EasyRoam daily roaming feature for international travel

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Not sure about all locations but $10/day for the UK is TERRIBLE. The equivalent of PM has a 30 day plan with 9 GB data, 2,000 minute, unlimited text for £18; plus a free SIM mailed to you.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@NDesai Did you mean postpaid?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Yup, read about this yesterday. It included something regarding pre-paid that they can only offer US roaming for prepaid customers. There goes my hope of this coming to PM in the future 😞

Need Help? Let's chat.