Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Koodo Raises Plan Prices Another $5 In Ontario For New Customers

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This is terrible.  Have a look at Koodo's new plan prices and features:  

All plans include
  • Unlimited evenings and weekends (5pm)

• Call Display, Voicemail, Call Waiting, Conference Calling and Unlimited Canada-wide Family Calling

36 REPLIES 36

@canucks4lifewrote:

@will13amwrote:

@canucks4lifewrote:

@will13amwrote:

@canucks4lifewrote:

@computergeek541wrote:

LOL

They offer a $100 refereall credit but then raise new customer  plan pricing.  I guess they had to pay for those credits somehow.

Possibly was thinking of self referring another line for 90 days should be $200 - ($15 + $35x3months x 1.12) = $65.60

That is a lot of work to game the system for $65.60.  Seeing this suggestion here and not on RFD first is rather stunning. 

Yeah I'm attempting to learn the RFD way...probably wouldn't bother in this case unless some pretty good incentives come along on like a Galaxy S8.

Also keeping fingers crossed there will be another migration offer soon for non-promo plan PM numbers.

I thought there was a $45 for 4 gig offer for those on the 6 gig LTE data/90 day customers.  The discounted hardware sales come and go.  The medium tab is available all the time.  There is no need to get one right away.  Currently, the $100 referral credit is something that is hard to overlook.  Even for those contemplating leaving, it is wise to get a referral and complete step 1 to lock in the $100 referral credit while continuing to think.  If anyone has questions or need any assistance with navigating the Koodo referrals, send me a private message. 

My second active PM account aka "wife" is 90-day/$90 1.5GB 3G no offer yet.

3G plans are the way of the future.  Don't expect any offers to leave.

Acekiller

way too much work... plus credit check

MEU_21
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@canucks4lifewrote:

Yeah I'm attempting to learn the RFD way...probably wouldn't bother in this case unless some pretty good incentives come along on like a Galaxy S8.

Also keeping fingers crossed there will be another migration offer soon for non-promo plan PM numbers.

I agree! In addition to the migration offer, wipe-out the upfront cost of the S9 to be competitive with Freedom, and then we'll talk.

canucks4life
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@will13amwrote:

@canucks4lifewrote:

@will13amwrote:

@canucks4lifewrote:

@computergeek541wrote:

LOL

They offer a $100 refereall credit but then raise new customer  plan pricing.  I guess they had to pay for those credits somehow.

Possibly was thinking of self referring another line for 90 days should be $200 - ($15 + $35x3months x 1.12) = $65.60

That is a lot of work to game the system for $65.60.  Seeing this suggestion here and not on RFD first is rather stunning. 

I thought there was a $45 for 4 gig offer for those on the 6 gig LTE data/90 day customers.  The discounted hardware sales come and go.  The medium tab is available all the time.  There is no need to get one right away.  Currently, the $100 referral credit is something that is hard to overlook.  Even for those contemplating leaving, it is wise to get a referral and complete step 1 to lock in the $100 referral credit while continuing to think.  If anyone has questions or need any assistance with navigating the Koodo referrals, send me a private message. 

My second active PM account aka "wife" is 90-day/$90 1.5GB 3G no offer yet.

Jeremy should be providing us with a special award for all advice we are giving. Maybe PM is charging Koodo a fee for this service? Robot LOL

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Just a fyi the referrals are valid for 30 days once you complete step 1.

@canucks4lifewrote:

@will13amwrote:

@canucks4lifewrote:

@computergeek541wrote:

LOL

Michael77

@koimr1wrote:

@will13amwrote:

@Michael77wrote:

All of the competition will follow. Virgin raised their prices last week. They all talk to each other. This is not competition. We need to look after the new customers too. This should be about all Canadians. We need to open the telecom market to the US.

Who would enter this marketplace given the huge restrictions?  The backers of Wind Mobile which were foreign interests have left, driven out by government and the big 3.  We just have to get used to the monopoly. 

Exactly. Anyone starting up is either going to have spend a LOT of money to get towers up (and quickly) or negotiate some kind of network-sharing agreement with one of the incumbents and we know how that would likely go.

Yes, the Big 3 should be forced to share their towers.  

canucks4life

@will13amwrote:

@canucks4lifewrote:

@computergeek541wrote:

LOL

koimr1

@will13amwrote:

@Michael77wrote:

All of the competition will follow. Virgin raised their prices last week. They all talk to each other. This is not competition. We need to look after the new customers too. This should be about all Canadians. We need to open the telecom market to the US.

Who would enter this marketplace given the huge restrictions?  The backers of Wind Mobile which were foreign interests have left, driven out by government and the big 3.  We just have to get used to the monopoly. 

Exactly. Anyone starting up is either going to have spend a LOT of money to get towers up (and quickly) or negotiate some kind of network-sharing agreement with one of the incumbents and we know how that would likely go.

@canucks4lifewrote:

@computergeek541wrote:

LOL

@Michael77wrote:

@Ludditewrote:

Relax 😴 This is just "list" pricing for new customers. Isn't really that terrible compared to competitors, though makes PM's pricing look great. Robot wink

As always, for a current customer its a non-issue until plans are no longer "grandfathered".

Nothing is grandfathered when juxtaposed next to the terms of service.  Grandfather is a goodwill term and not a requirement to comply with the terms of service. 

@ToniCiprianiwrote:

@torontokriswrote:

@ToniCiprianiwrote:

Carry on with your games, Telus, please.

I'll just keep this plan till May and see what the others have to offer for Back To School.

If your on the PM promo plan or Koodo 4GB-5GB $40 plan, nobody will have anything to beat this come back to school.

This raise is still too close to all these "offers"... almost as if they are raising the regular prices to threaten us to take the offer.

Well that was the original squeeze play.  Raise rates by 25% if you stay, migrate to Koodo if you want price stability. 

@ToniCiprianiwrote:

I'll just keep this plan till May and see what the others have to offer for Back To School.

Back to school is in September.  Usually the really good deals come in November/December.  If you don't like what you see the current migration offer is pretty hard to resist.  If you take it, you will be paying less than any other 5 gig plan currently being offered or previously offered for that matter. 

Michael77

The plan prices did not change in Quebec, Saskatchewan and Manitoba. 

@srlawren nope these are the super secret only in store promo plans

Never were listed on website despite being in market over 2 weeks now

But for many people that is another reason to avoid the postpaid rat race

Don't hate the playa hate the game.

@srlawrenwrote:

@kav2001cwrote:

@Michael77 $60 for 6GB still is being offered today as well

So last minute rush

@kav2001c must be just in Ontario?  Here's the current BYOP offerings in BC... awful too...

mimmo

@canucks4life  you could try putting the plan on a seasonal hold and activate on an Alberta number.to save a little more

canucks4life

@computergeek541wrote:

LOL

LOL

Michael77

Civic_E

Interesting...they couldn't raise PM's Fall Promo plan by $10 so they increased plans for Koodo. Telus desperately needs extra money for next years 5G

srlawren

@kav2001cwrote:

So last minute rush

@kav2001c must be just in Ontario?  Here's the current BYOP offerings in BC... awful too...

KoodoCurrent.png

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

So last minute rush

Relax 😴 This is just "list" pricing for new customers. Isn't really that terrible compared to competitors, though makes PM's pricing look great. Robot wink

As always, for a current customer its a non-issue until plans are no longer "grandfathered".

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

torontokris

@ToniCiprianiwrote:

@torontokriswrote:

This raise is still too close to all these "offers"... almost as if they are raising the regular prices to threaten us to take the offer.

BUt its Koodo raising the prices.. so isnt that more an indication that Koodo may raise the price on these migration plans?

They are giving 45 for a bunch of nothing, not data even. So one could argue that they *may* look into why they are offering $40 4-5gb. Or how long they will keep the price the same without a raise.

ToniCipriani

@torontokriswrote:

@ToniCiprianiwrote:

If your on the PM promo plan or Koodo 4GB-5GB $40 plan, nobody will have anything to beat this come back to school.

torontokris

@ToniCiprianiwrote:

CalvinW

It's over, time to run as far away as possible from Telus 

Need Help? Let's chat.