cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep phone number but change sim card

Landryy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Good morning and HAppy new year.

i have lost my SIM card and purchased a new one but I would like to keep the same number. When I try to change the SIM card as indicated, I am not able. Please help 

thank you

5 REPLIES 5

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Landryy - you said you are not able to? Is that because you listed your phone into lost/stolen status and it is still in that status?

If so, resume/reactivate service, then you should be able to swap out the SIM card. If still issues, resume/reactivate, log out of My Account, then log back in and try to swap it.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Landryy 

1. login to self serve after going incognito or private tab
  2. go to Profile on left side
  3. go to Edit Account Info lower right
  4. there you can change the SIM card.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Landryy - do not go through the SIM card activation process. This will create a 2nd account and you do not want this, then you will have 2 paying accounts.

See "How To Change Your SIM Card" at the bottom of this Help Article: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/sim-swap-fraud

If issues with your My Account, click here to request a SIM Swap with the Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA): Submit ticket for a SIM SWAP

LoveNature
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @Landryy 

your number in your account and just you need to get new SIM card and Login to your account and change SIM card,

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Landryy  Yes you need to SIM swap the new SIM card and do this on computer 

My account

Legend  and features

Change plan / update cc /auto pay

Handy1_0-1675027033074.png

Account #/ change # port /swap SIM

Need Help? Let's chat.