cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just transferred my number and I can’t receive calls! Help!

C_C_M
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just transferred my number from fido to PM. I had some problems to activate the eSIM. Now it looks like everything is working, but when someone calls me, it doesn’t ring and goes directly to voice mail! Besides that, I can’t get a ticket, because the page shows me an error message.

7 REPLIES 7

Hi @C_C_M   the text can be just iMessage and not really SMS

The number I sent, that porting cente is closed tonight. Call back tomorrow morning.  It opens at 8am EST

C_C_M

They receive a message from Fido.

C_C_M

Yes, it was within 90 min. I can receive text, but not calls. I will call the number you and @softech sent to me. I will let you know if it worked! 

HI @C_C_M 

was it within 90 mins?

do you know the voicemail people got to , was it Fido's or PM's?

Try to reboot your phone once more 

C_C_M

Yes, I got the mess from fido and answered yes. I will check your message. Thank you!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@C_C_M 

A critical part to porting is to receive a text from your old provider , Fido, and you have to reply YES within 90 mins.  If you are not receiving calls and text on your PM sim card, and only outgoing calls, wok  then you might have missed the step and hence porting was not completed

There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI@C_C_M   if you cannot receive inbounds call, it is a poring issue.   You got a text from Fido? you replied yes?

I will message you the porting support team number. Call them and they will tell you why it got stuck.  Check your inbox 

Need Help? Let's chat.