cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just switched to 4G data plan and get many outages (0 Mbps using Speed Test Master)

louisc888
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The speed varies from 0 to 25 Mbps. So the 4G is working sometime, but it kept cutting off many times an hour. It makes my LG V20 phone useless. Is it a known problem with Public Mobile?

Also the home page is still showing 1Gb 3G ?

I live in Centrepointe Dr.

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

@louisc888 if it is reception related, open ticket with PM support and see if they are aware of it or maybe a fix is on the way, let's hope

louisc888

I am still having problem when accessing the PM data at home (Centrepointe Dr).

However, I got very fast speed around Algonquin college where the tower is located.

Since the closes tower from my house is at Algonquin college, so the problem is with the distance reception.

Thanks for your help.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@louisc888 

If the data issues started after renewal then it's likely a provisioning issue with the Sim card. While there are a few troubleshooting tips you can try in a pinch it will be best to contact customer support and ask for your account to be reset and your Sim card reprovisioned.

Submit a ticket via SIMon or send a private message.....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Get-Support-Contact-Customer-Support/td-p...

louisc888

I can access the 4G but it is not consistent. I can't even watch a YouTube short clip without stopping a few times. It disconnects every few minutes. For the last 8 days, I only use 1.5 Gb out of the 15 Gb. So what is the point of getting 15 Gb ?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@louisc888 

Log into your account using secret/incognito mode to view the non-cached version of your account. You will then see your updated plan details.

If you decide to perform another speedtest after 48 hours keep in mind that depending on the data speed (up to 100mbps but sometimes faster) one speedtest can use 400+mb of data. It's best to perform speedtests on day 30 of your plan before midnight eastern when you know you have extra data that you will not use before renewal.

Do you have any issues with voice call quality or delayed texts? If so your inconsistent data could be the result of a poor connection to the network. Toggle airplane mode on/off to re-establish a new connection to the network.

@hTideGnow 

The unthrottling of data speed does not require a network reset. We are all connected to the same 4G LTE network regardless of the data speed of our plans. Rebooting of the phone could be helpful though if it's been awhile since the phone had a little nap to refresh itself.

@louisc888 

0 Kbps means you have no data at all!!

Login to My Account using Incognito mode and confirm if you still have data

Also, try to test the speed in a different area

And if you have another phone around, put your PM sim card there to test

louisc888

My plan started on Nov 14, so it is 8 days already.

I had reset all network and still getting 0 Kbps now.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

To get most recent account status:

Public Mobile has web page cache issue so you might be looking at obsolete status. Try using different browser. Try Incognito mode. Clear browser’s cache. Try forced refresh. Use computer and not phone to log in. Click on little spinner refresh icons lower down.

It takes up to 2 days for 4G speed to become fully available. Let us know after 2 days if speed is still unstable.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @louisc888 

PM states on the plan change page that it will take 48 hours for the new speed to update.  Since you just switched, wait 2 days before testing speed again

And since you have an LG, you should Click Reset All Network if the speed still not showing up after 2 days.  LG phones usually need that for carrier change, possibly it needs one for speed change too

Need Help? Let's chat.