cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just arrived in the US. purchased a talk/text data plan. Not working. Can’t seem to find a network.

rogercrewe
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

16 REPLIES 16

rogercrewe

Thank you

@rogercrewe 

You'll have to either send a private message to CS_Agent or get a ticket for help with that refund request.

Also FYI, those VoIP apps I mentioned before for talk / text are FREE and can be used with free wifi where you can get it.

HI @rogercrewe 

for request refund, open ticket with CS agent 

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Follow this to get to ticket open screen quicker:

start by typing : Contact CS Agent
then Click "Contact Us"
then Click "Other"
finally Click "Click here to submit a ticket"
you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the CS Agent (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Go to top of this page and click Get Help / Chat with Simon to start process of CSA assistance. Watch the little envelope icon on top right side of page will be highlighted when they respond.

Good luck.

rogercrewe

Yes seems that way.Would you know how I Would go about getting a refund/credit.

It sorta sounds like the 10 Day US Roaming add-on was not successfully added. Try to find a wifi hotspot and log in to your account to confirm if that add-on is available for your use.

If it's not mentioned...you can try to purchase it now.

Let us know if this is the case.

walker1
Mayor / Maire

Getting that add on to work in a reliable way will be a waste of time. Sorry to say.

rogercrewe

Just across the border in Houlton

rogercrewe

I rebooted my phone. Didn’t help. Use crossed the border today. In Houlton.

Hi @rogercrewe   and do you see AT&T ?

you might want to check in another area of the city tomorrow and see if you see any of the 2 networks.

if not, maybe you have no choice but to use VoIP app like TextNow. and use it for voice call/text whenever you have Wifi

for the add-on you got, you can ask PM to cancel the add-on as you cannot use it due to network issue.

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@rogercrewe 

You might be way better off by installing a VoIP app like Fongo or Text Now and get pay as you go Data from a company like KEEPGO or GIGSKY or some other one.

Most people have better success doing that option.

HI @rogercrewe 

Maine should have ok coverage there

2G

hTideGnow_0-1658633810135.png

3G

hTideGnow_1-1658633829708.png

LTE

hTideGnow_2-1658633847169.png

Try to reboot your phone.

and what exact  city you are at?

rogercrewe

Texting is not working either. 

@rogercrewe wrote:

I am in Maine. T-Mobile did not show as an option. 

Unfortuantely, without T-Mobile network availability, the "talk" part of your  roaming add-on won't work.

rogercrewe

I am in Maine. T-Mobile did not show as an option. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @rogercrewe 

You logged in to My Account and see the the roaming talk/text showing there?

Which states you are in now?

did you try to connect to T-Mobile or AT&T ? Connect it yourself , do not let it connect Automatic

Actually try to connect to T-Mobile first as it can use 3G (if exist) or 2G for the voice

Need Help? Let's chat.