cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jamaica

Msbadass
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

no service no text/data in Jamaica.. purchased add ons still no service… why??!!!!…. I need to make calls and use my phone!!!!

10 REPLIES 10

@Msbadass 

Yes Fongo also works but definitely contact a CS_Agent to get a credit on your account. Explain it was an honest mistake and you weren’t aware.

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Sorry for your mistake.  Hope it didn't impact your trip too much. 🌴

Get familiar with the Public Mobile site and use the community to help with any questions or confusion.  Most questions have already been answered...just check by using the search bar.  

Msbadass

Yes I am thanx!. It said international add ons so thought it was included… I tried the Fongo  app as suggested by someone else for calls and it’s working … thank you…. Now to see if I can get credited for add on purchases…

Msbadass

Well I didn’t know…. It said international add ons so thought it was included… I tried the Fongo  app as suggested by someone else for calls and it’s working … thank you…. Now to see if I can get credited for add on purchases…

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Msbadass 

Unfortunately PM only works in Canada and  US but what makes you think PM works in Jamaica? There are no Telus towers or contact with Jamaican carriers for service.

You can use WhatsApp or TextNow app through wifi for free calling and texting abroad.

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Msbadass Are you sure you a Public Mobile customer? The reason why I question this is because Public Mobile doesn't have a Roaming add on for Jamaica. So my curious mind wants to know What add on did you purchase because there isn't one available for purchase with Public Mobile

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Jamaica is not USA. Only out of Canada add-on is for USA.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Msbadass 

If you will be in an area with somewhat reliable Wi-Fi, and you have an iPhone or android, use the available iMessage or Chat features with those devices and you can text back-and-forth for free, anywhere.

That’s what someone I know quite well did when they were in Jamaica several weeks ago.   😁

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Msbadass 

Jamaica is not part of the US. So any roaming add ons you have purchased will not work there. You can contact customer support and explain it was an honest mistake as you were unaware that Jamaica is a separate country. They will likely credit the cost of the add ons back to your account balance.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Get-Support-Contact-Customer-Support/td-p...

Edit:

If you have access to wifi then download the textnow app and choose a Canadian phone # so you can make calls and texts to Canada and the US.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Msbadass @Pm only works in Canada and the USA won’t work in Jamaica..your best to get  a local SIM card on your trip 

Need Help? Let's chat.