cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JUNK CALLS ON MY PHONE

heyjoe
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Community!

Has anyone been getting a series of calls from a long number starting with a V? I've received at least a 1/2 dozen of them since this morning. I called back one of these numbers and the fellow was totally confused as he was also getting a rash of these calls. How would I go about correcting this issue?

4 REPLIES 4

@Meow wrote:

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

We have significantly reduced our spam calls by doing:

1. Making the best possible contacts list

2. DND settings are set to accept calls from contacts list only. 

We do expect to see those calls in recents and may have the odd unwanted voice 

mail. 

So YOU “can” do something about it!!

That is is OK if you actually have different phone (land line) as your main phone and mobile is for emergency/friends.

Some people have ONLY mobile and this is their main phone so it is not really possible to have perfect contact list as calls can come from the doctors, and other various organizations.

Well, one must be diligent with their contacts list and there are other DND  options to consider. And perhaps your voice mail message can help you as well.  I do believe what I have done would exclude you from making my phone ring but I do believe  that if you did call me that you could leave a message and your number would show in my recents. So I don’t think I have shut the world out from contacting me. Jeepers.....how do I test that?

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

mail. 

That is is OK if you actually have different phone (land line) as your main phone and mobile is for emergency/friends.

Some people have ONLY mobile and this is their main phone so it is not really possible to have perfect contact list as calls can come from the doctors, and other various organizations.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

mail. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Those are Caller ID Spoofing number.  My phone would show both the V number and the number they try to spoof on the call display.  I think some phone might only show the V #

Sometimes, they come a lot within couple days, but usually will die down a bit.  

anyway.  Just ignore.  Nothing much you can do.  Do not try to call back.  They are junk calls anyway

Need Help? Let's chat.