cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's time for me to leave PM

Mayor / Maire

Hello everyone,

After much deliberation, I have decided to leave PM and switch to Fido. I am still a strong supporter of the self-serve approach to mobility, but I've become disillusioned with the light-hearted attitude that PM has demonstrated towards solving its ongoing technical glitches over the last year and a half with the various systems. The fact that PM is not a beta product anymore only serves to reiterate how they seem to think all is well for the most part, while customers like me suffer for over a month with unresolved issues with the referral system.

I intend to immediately discontinue my participation in the community, but to continue using my PM SIM until my remaining credits run out - or until the service stops working due to yet another technical problem - whichever occurs first. But I'm decidedly not spending another minute of my time struggling with threads and tickets, just to have absolutely no action taken on my problems.

I will miss participating in the community, and especially working with the other Oracles. But fortunately this will also free up my time for other (less frustrating) endeavours.

My most sincere thanks to @Jeremy_M and to the rest of the PM staff for listening to all my complaints with an open mind - even though they couldn't ultimately do anything to change my bad impression of the company.

It's been real.

26 REPLIES 26

@stonechuckerwrote:

4GB is all I want per 30 days.  Give me a chance to get a cheaper plan with the same features, I’d be all over it.  

That's the problem witth the Koodo plan with it costing a bit more than the Fall Promo 2016 plan if you factor in rewards.  To a certain extent, the Koodo plan could include unlimited worldwide calling and 200GB per month.  That  doesn't mean much if you won't use those features.  The price is sometimes/often the deciding factor.

4GB is all I want per 30 days.  Give me a chance to get a cheaper plan with the same features, I’d be all over it.  

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@kav2001cwrote:

Saw this old thread

Pretty funny a year ago we all thought $50 for 4GB was hot

Now Koodo is offering $40 for 6GB

Cat Very Happy

@kav2001c yeah,we people are greedy ,agreed 😄😃🤑

Saw this old thread

Pretty funny a year ago we all thought $50 for 4GB was hot

Now Koodo is offering $40 for 6GB

Cat Very Happy

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@radman,

Hopefully the Moderator Team was able to help you. 🙂

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

@radman Hello! I'm sorry to hear that you're not able to email us. However did you mean you're not able to send us a private message or use the community? I hope that the following link will help with contacting us privately: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/All-you-need-to-know-about-our-Communit... .  Thank you ! 

radman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Signed up and got my sim but unable to chat or email support so l will let my 90 days run out,.and quit pm

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
I think things are pretty good right now. I haven't been as active lately, so I'm not sure what the most current issues are.

canucks4life

It would be nice if @Dave_M would provide another state of the union address there has not been a peep since December.

@Rockdaddy22 you would think so but you would be wrong

My account is pretty messed up now as well, I will need to manually send them a private message each time to fix

I really would like something in writing confirming this but as online only need to just take their word for it

Rockdaddy22

This is sad news, I just noticed, I hope it all wasn't do to the referral glitches. You would think PM could of fixed that pretty easily. 

@ckl wrote:

So, in true RFD fashion, there are lots of non-mobi and non-chatr people who are trying to get around this restriction.

I would give you 2 bravos for this if I could Cat LOL

ckl

@kav2001c Oh. I thought that was another one of PM's new plans...

EDIT: Ok. I just found the thread on the RFD forum. It seems you are able to migrate to this plan from either directly from Mobilicity or Chatr prepaid. So, in true RFD fashion, there are lots of non-mobi and non-chatr people who are trying to get around this restriction.

@ckl thats Fido's super secret migration plan Cat Wink

They trying to prevent Mobilicity clients fleeing en masse so have offered a handful of very compelling offers to prepay & port in clients

Fido also has the advantage of LTE (unlike Chatr which is 3G only)

ckl

@kav2001c where is this?

I know I am bumping a really old thread, but OP must be kicking himself now

If he had of just waited a couple more months...

For those who had not seen it yet:

$50 per month, Canada wide calls & 4GB of data with Global txt

Pretty amazing plan I think

@7789849803 The recent plan change might interest you. Hope to see you around if you decide to come back. 

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

It is unfortunate that they did not resolve the outstanding issues

Wish you all the best

ckl

I was wondering about your absence on the forums. You are usually quite active, but recently, you've all but disappeared. Now I know why.

A big loss for PM for sure.

TroyDaBes
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

That's really a shame. To think one of the oracles will be leaving. If you don't mind, what's your plan on Fido?

Though understandable, I intend to stick with PM, as I have so far not encountered any serious issues so far, and I have confidence that they will in time get things under containment, and all systems back to station keeping

jairolevi

I know what you feel...

I too have been experiencing silly issues for a while that don't seem to get resolved, the one that frustrates me the most is the "Referrals" one ( referrals not counting ).

I was looking on Fido too, they have good internet only plans, on LTE, affordable.  I'd like to give PM the chance to fix my issues first but this seems to be going nowhere.

Good luck,

JL.

srlawren

@7789849803 you already know that I am definitely disappointed to see you go, but understand the reasons.  I hope that Fido treats you well and that you are free to pursue a life of religious fulfillment.  [this is a reference to the movie Airplane!, in case anyone thinks I'm being serious about the fulfillment].  In all seriousness, hope it's a smooth experience for you.  

Be sure to check your mailbox regularly for your commomerative, limited edition, platinum-plated collander, numbered and signed by Bob & Sue--it's the official "buh-bye" gift from the mothership.  Take care, my friend.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Wait, what? Is this actually you? 

I am really sad to hear this from one of the Oracles. I don't know what problems you had and not sure why they did not help you resolve, but we will miss your participation in the community for sure. 

Wish you the best luck!!! 

Maybe a new colander would resolve all your problems. Robot LOL

Will miss your contributions. Have fun wherever you go. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @7789849803,

Thank you for everything, we truly wish you the best!!

From all of us at Public Mobile

Need Help? Let's chat.