cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues when porting from Freedom

kgabba
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had a similar issue and, if positive, the steps you took to resolve them. 3 months ago I was with Koodo and decided to move to Freedom Mobile because they were offering me a better deal. Everything went fine, including porting my number. However, because of where I live, Freedom's signal is poor, so I bought a PM SIM card and activated it. I had to request to port my number to the MODs as it wasn't possible when activating the SIM, which was partially successful; I can make calls and send and receive SMS with PM, but any calls made to my number go straight into Freedom's voicemail. Both accounts are also active, although Freedom's was disabled temporarily. I called them multiple times and they keep telling me they have no records of requests to port my number out to PM. At this point I no longer know what else to do, and my number is stuck between both providers. I'd appreciate if anyone could point me in the right direction as I wouldn't want to lose my number.

16 REPLIES 16

@kgabba wrote:

Thanks everyone for your replies, but I think there's a little bit of confusion regarding my situation.

1- My Freedom account was still active when the PM MODs requested the porting.

2- After the MODs confirmed the porting had been successful, I noticed my number was part of my PM account and it showed up in my phone.

3- After the confirmation, I checked my Freedom account and it had been successfully disabled after the porting.

4- Since I couldn't receive calls, I checked my Freedom account again and it had been reactivated.

5- PM MODs confirmed that there had been an issue with the porting on Freedom's side. However, Freedom told me multiple times there had been no issues on their end.

Thanks for the clarification.  Public Mobile's telling you that the port was successful was incorrect information from them. Porting did not complete and has failed. Resolution will be through the method that has been provided earlier in the thread. Public Mobile's moderators will need to resubmit the request. Don't take "no" for an answer.

kgabba

Thanks everyone for your replies, but I think there's a little bit of confusion regarding my situation.

1- My Freedom account was still active when the PM MODs requested the porting.

2- After the MODs confirmed the porting had been successful, I noticed my number was part of my PM account and it showed up in my phone.

3- After the confirmation, I checked my Freedom account and it had been successfully disabled after the porting.

4- Since I couldn't receive calls, I checked my Freedom account again and it had been reactivated.

5- PM MODs confirmed that there had been an issue with the porting on Freedom's side. However, Freedom told me multiple times there had been no issues on their end.

@kgabba wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@kgabba  You'll want to ensure that you have the Freedom Mobile account number ready to provide to Public Mobile's moderators.  You must include the "DBC" part.

Thanks, I've provided that to them, and that's why the porting worked "partially". My number shows up in my PM's account, but incoming calls are still being routed through Freedom.

Using the account number isn't why the number shows up in your Public Mobile account. You could have made up any fictiticous Freedom account number and that would have still happened. The "success" message on the self serve site is only of a phone number change request being processed and does not mean that porting is complete or will proceed successfully.

What it comes down to is that you number hasn't been ported.

@kgabba wrote:

Yes, it's still active, although it was deactivated temporarily after PM confirmed that the porting had been successful.

@kgabba I think this is where your problem lies. You should never have temporarily deactivated your account. It may have screwed the port up.

I see in another message you said you won't be paying next due date with freedom. I'd suggest you make sure to keep that account active cause it needs to be for port to complete properly and you don't want to loose your number.

Hopefully the moderators or Freedom can get their tech team on this and resolve it for you.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@kgabba , I ported all my Freedom (Wind) lines to this service and not a single one encountered any kind of issue.  At this point, is the lines containing the Freedom numbers to be ported still active over at Freedom?  If so, then they are eligible for porting.  It is just a matter of submitting the porting information from this end.  If there is problem making the porting submission here, then moderator team assistance is needed.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using smartforms which is initiated by clicking on the ? on the lower right corner of the webpage or try using this link. The guided process will facilitate documentation of the issue or concern and the required resolution which will be submitted to the moderator team. Refer to this announcement link for additional details on smartforms and the ticketing system for moderator team interactions. If use of smartform brings no joy, then use the following direct link to private message the moderator team. Refer to the following knowledge base article for additional information on the moderator team.

kgabba

@computergeek541 wrote:

@kgabba  You'll want to ensure that you have the Freedom Mobile account number ready to provide to Public Mobile's moderators.  You must include the "DBC" part.

Thanks, I've provided that to them, and that's why the porting worked "partially". My number shows up in my PM's account, but incoming calls are still being routed through Freedom.

kgabba

@popping wrote:

@kgabba wrote:

It makes sense, and I believe the issue is on Freedom's side. However, it looks like they don't want to do anything about it... It sucks, I guess I'll have to change my phone number.

Is Freedom still charge your monthly fee?

Fortunately I was on prepaid, so I won't pay for the upcoming month.

If calls and text messages originating from other carriers are going to Freedom, then the port isn't successful. 

I do believe that porting has completely failed.  You said that the Freedom account was temporarily disabled. If it was disabled when you made the porting request, that would explain things. You need to ask the moderators to resubmit the request.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kgabba wrote:

It makes sense, and I believe the issue is on Freedom's side. However, it looks like they don't want to do anything about it... It sucks, I guess I'll have to change my phone number.

Is Freedom still charge your monthly fee?

kgabba

Yes, it's still active, although it was deactivated temporarily after PM confirmed that the porting had been successful.

kgabba

popping

@kgabba wrote:

The MODs have been telling me for days that the porting was successful. They keep refreshing the porting request, but the results are always the same. I powercylced my phone multiple times, and even reset my network settings. Even so, all calls are still ending up in Freedom's voicemail.

Is your Freedom SIM card still work? call out and receive calls

kgabba

The MODs have been telling me for days that the porting was successful. They keep refreshing the porting request, but the results are always the same. I powercylced my phone multiple times, and even reset my network settings. Even so, all calls are still ending up in Freedom's voicemail.

popping

@kgabba 

FYI

Number porting is a 2 stage process:
Stage 1. After submitted your porting request, PM set up your old number on your PM account. Login to your account. Select the [Plan and Add-Ons] tab. Is your old number showing on the [Plan and Add-Ons] display?
If yes, PM has done its work to setup your old number for you to call out, send text and data.

Stage 2. Now, you are waiting for your old provider to release you number to PM. Not until your old provider release your number, all the incoming calls and texts will continue to go to your old provider.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

You need to contact mods to resolve your issue..

Simon.JPG

Or by private message at link below

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

popping

@kgabba wrote:

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had a similar issue and, if positive, the steps you took to resolve them. 3 months ago I was with Koodo and decided to move to Freedom Mobile because they were offering me a better deal. Everything went fine, including porting my number. However, because of where I live, Freedom's signal is poor, so I bought a PM SIM card and activated it. I had to request to port my number to the MODs as it wasn't possible when activating the SIM, which was partially successful; I can make calls and send and receive SMS with PM, but any calls made to my number go straight into Freedom's voicemail. Both accounts are also active, although Freedom's was disabled temporarily. I called them multiple times and they keep telling me they have no records of requests to port my number out to PM. At this point I no longer know what else to do, and my number is stuck between both providers. I'd appreciate if anyone could point me in the right direction as I wouldn't want to lose my number.

Create a moderator support ticket for help using the ? button at the right side bottom corner of this page.

1. Tell SIMon about your failed port from Freedom Mobile
2. Ask for "moderator"
3. SIMon will give your 2 choices. Click on the "Account-specific question"
4. Then, click on "No, I want a human"
5. Click "Submit a ticket"
6. Follow instruction to create support ticket.
Good luck

Need Help? Let's chat.