cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with "friend referral" bonus

esmaili
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I got an email from Public mobile (the following photo) about friend referral bonus ($25 for me and $25 for my friend).

However, after activating Simcard, I got the following message showing 0$ friend referral:

"Rewards have been applied to your account: $0 friend referrals, $2 AutoPay, $0 Community, $1 Loyalty".

It doesn't say anything about $25 bonus. Is $25 "friend referral" bonus NOT working as stated in the following photo?

Capture.PNG

12 REPLIES 12

esmaili

*NEW UPDATE*

Today Jun 10, I received the following message on my cell:

Thanks for referring a friend during our promo. We've taken $5 off your payment. As long as your friend stays with us, you'll keep saving $5 every 30 days, for up to $25.

esmaili

Today is Jun 6 and I still have not received any email or message regarding the discount. 

I still hope that I will receive it soon.

Ali2019

Thank you for your explanation!

Maybe you could keep tabs on the friend to see if they got $10 credited to their account after a day or 3. They might not. If they did then please let us know.

esmaili

Thanks, guys. I will wait till the end of the first week of Jun and will post the result here.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@esmaili 

The bonus $5 x 5 months will not be in My Rewards section.

It will show up in your View My Payment section listed under RAF $5 promo and will apply after June 6. So it will show up if your renewal date is after June 6.

If it is before that date then it will show up in your July bill.

@esmaili wrote:

So, you mean I may not get this $5 in June?

HI @esmaili   did you referred a friend already/  

if you did, then you will be getting the 5x $5 special credit as well as your friend.   

The first $5 will be credited to your account on the first week and June.

Also, you will get your usual $1 or 1 Point reward  per 30 days as well

esmaili

So, you mean I may not get this $5 in June?

esmaili

Thanks, I will wait till first week of June.

It would have been better if Public 

Mobile states this in the message they sent to me.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@esmaili 

$25 Refer-a-friend bonus will be applied as a $5 monthly credit for up to 5 months, as long as both the referrer and referee remain active Public Mobile customers.

Eligible customers will receive a monthly SMS confirmation when credit has been applied to the account. Credit will be applied within the first week of each month, starting in June.

@esmaili wrote:

I got an email from Public mobile (the following photo) about friend referral bonus ($25 for me and $25 for my friend).

However, after activating Simcard, I got the following message showing 0$ friend referral:

"Rewards have been applied to your account: $0 friend referrals, $2 AutoPay, $0 Community, $1 Loyalty".

It doesn't say anything about $25 bonus. Is $25 "friend referral" bonus NOT working as stated in the following photo?

Capture.PNG

The $25 isn't what Public Mobile cosniders to be a "reward".  It's a bill/account credit and will be appied as such. There's also a delay before the first credit gets applied.

Need Help? Let's chat.