cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue porting my number from voip.ms

robyn3choi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I received a call on my backup number that said there was a problem porting my number from my previous service (voip.ms) and to post about it here.

5 REPLIES 5

robyn3choi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks everyone!

@robyn3choi wrote:

Hi, I received a call on my backup number that said there was a problem porting my number from my previous service (voip.ms) and to post about it here.

This means that porting has failed. Double check your voip.ms account information. Only the moderators can fix this for you. You'll need to a open a ticket by going to https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot .  Then type, "port request".

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Hi @robyn3choi 

To complete your port-in request, please open our chatbot via this link and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Moderator. 

p.s. Holy smokes. Double ninja'd. This community site is popping.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@robyn3choi wrote:

You should contact a moderator to see what the issue is.

Here’s how to contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Choose the chat bubble in the lower right hand corner and follow the prompts.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@robyn3choi wrote:

- Your voip.ms service must be active before you can port any number form.

- You need to provide the account number, name on the account and the number to be ported out.

It will take up to a week to port your number to PM depending on how quickly voip.ms release your number.

Create a moderator support ticket for help using the Chat button at the bottom right corner of this page.  Tell SIMon what is the issue (important) - Use"port request"

FYI: Number porting is a 2 stage process:
Stage 1. After submitted your porting request, PM set up your old number on your PM account. Login to your account. Select the [Plan and Add-Ons] tab. Is your old number showing on the [Plan and Add-Ons] page?
If yes, PM has done its work to setup your old number for you to call out, send text and data.
If no, you should create a support ticket for moderator to investigate. Moderator wait time is from couple of hours to couple of days.

Stage 2. Now, you are waiting for your old provider to release your number to PM. Not until your old provider release your number, all the incoming calls and texts will continue to go to your old provider. 

Need Help? Let's chat.